Chapter Twenty-One: Pyrésea's Last Hope

When the sun rose that morning, there was hope. When the storm clouds billowed over the sea at noon, hope was lost.

By the time the Pyrésees messengers reached Iôtalia, their allies closest in proximity across the gulf, the rains had begun and made an immediate voyage across the water nearly impossible. Despite the unfavourable weather, King Revalo of Iôtalia demanded that his naval fleet make haste across the gulf to assist Pyrésea. Not that King Revalo had a particular fondness of the Pyrésees—especially not after Elijah had decided on the Evershield boy to marry his daughter—but King Revalo had a personal hatred for 'The Golden Ones.'

The Iôtalian fleet was hesitant, navigating the storm would have been suicide, but they dared not defy the King's orders. Assembling their navy, the Iôtalian soldiers embarked for Pyrésea. The army of 'The Golden Ones' was only made up of small militant force, but they were militants motivated by supernatural desires.

"In our hour of desperation Andora fails us," King Elijah said aloud in the company of his advisors. "When we needed our allies the most, they coward from war. Gone are the days of the Great Kings of Andora. The Evershield bloodline has softened. Adonis's son is a coward. To think Eden had been given away to his boy! Oh! The humiliation! That my grandson will be born into a failing line!"

"Sir, we cannot lament over Andora's betrayal. There are—"

"Shut up fool! Do you not think I—"

The door flew open. "Sir! We had just lost another ship!" Elijah's lieutenant of the armed guard hollered. Already, many Pyrésees soldiers had lost their lives during the siege. The storm had woken the sea's violent wrath and the flood rushed the city in even greater amounts than before. Submerging the Pyrésea streets even deeper under water. Outside the courtroom walls, the crash and gurgling of the sea trespassing the broken defense wall was followed by the screams of the citizens who hadn't made it to the evacuation transports.

"My people suffer not only the brutality of those Melks, but the wrath of the sea too? Damn you Adonis! You betrayer! The Evershields are hence forth no friend to the Pyrésees!"

Elijah's captain, Luvier, spoke up. "Excuse my interruption, sir—"

"What, man?"

"My Lord, this may not be the most appropriate hour to be loathing over Andora's failed action—"

"Do you not understand, fool, that I had given my only daughter away to that pitiful clan of cowards?"

"My Lord! Your people are being flooded and your men are dying! Think straight! Please!" Luvier shouted at the King. "And asides, tis not Adonis II sitting on the Andoran throne. His brother Jarod who's serving as steward is the one who failed to take action. Severing ties with the Evershields may be acting in haste."

"What then does that say of the failing line!" the King paused to scratch his beard. "Where then has Adonis's heir gone?" Elijah said, referring to Adonis I.

"No one knows for certain. Immediately after the death of his father, Adonis II left and now his brother reserves his seat."

"So, one man's a coward and the other a traitor. Pity Eden's hand was given to their son. Their once noble named derived from ancient time has weakened."

"Yes, my Lord, but please, for the time at hand we must make our next move. Just in the past hour we have lost two vessels. Their numbers are greater than we had believed."

"What do you suggest then, Luvier?"

"Withdraw our fleet, my Lord. We simply don't have the men to succeed by taking an offensive position. Our efforts must be concentrated on defending the city and evacuating the remaining citizens."

"To allow our enemy to get close to our shore?"

"My Lord! They have outnumbered us! We have lost more men tonight than throughout your entire reign!"

"No Melk will step foot on Pyrésees soil. They may take our ocean but by the Winds Wrath they'll never take our land!" Elijah shouted. "Call forth every able-bodied son to take a sword! And ready my armour, man, and make certain that my blade is sharp for I will cut the enemy down myself!"

=======================================================

Thank you for reading "The Roar of Andora"!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please make sure to LIKE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends and fellow Wattpad readers. Every little bit helps! And make sure to follow landenwakil  to keep notified on when "The Roar of Andora" gets updated next.

Also, if you're enjoying the World of Andora, but have ran out of story to read (yikes!), please make sure to check out the "The Myths of Andora" and "The Tales of Andora" found on landenwakil's Wattpad account. There are many other incredibly talented writers contributing their stories to the World of Andora, so please make sure to support their work, and asides, there are some other pretty epic adventures happening all the time in Andora that you won't want to miss out on!

Instagram: —Personal: @landenwakil

— The Roar: @theroarofandora