Chapter Eighteen: Evacuation of Pyrésea

To the southwest of Andora (the province, not the continent), lay the Kingdom of Iôtalia. The country's peninsula reaches far into the gulf de léon and sits directly across from Pyrésea. A simple boat ride across the waters of the gulf could take you to either kingdom in a day's worth of travel.

The Kingdom of Andora where the Evershield family reigns lies in the heart of the continent's southwestern regions and is bordered by both coastal empires. In the Days of Old, Andora served as a keeper of the peace between Iôtalia and Pyrésea; often at war with one another over dominion of the gulf. After defeating the army of 'The Golden Ones' with Pyrésea's aid in the battle that became known as 'the battle of Peyrônella,' Andora and Pyrésea officially formed a truce, and then, some years later, Iôtalia (already an ally of Andora) joined the pau I trera Peyrônella.

Throughout the first evening of the attack on Pyrésea, the lower streets of the seaside kingdom flooded. Homes were ruined. Lives were lost. Anarchy exploded and panic escalated. Immediate evacuations were ordered and the Pyrésees people gathered only what they could carry, leaving their beloved possessions and art behind, and made haste to the sanctuary of the surrounding villages that were home to The Guardians.

"Sonya! By the Winds Wrath you are going!"

"By FUCK I don't care what you think Elijah!"

"SONYA! YOUR—"

The palace walls quaked with the blast of another explosion. Ceiling tiles crashed to the ground and dust clouded the air.

The door swung open. "Sir! There was anot—"

"You don't think I fucking know that!" Elijah then turned his attention back to his wife. "Sonya you're leaving now whether you like it or not!"

"Don't order me around like I'm some fucking retainer of yours! It's my home too, I'm not leaving Elijah!"

Elijah marched towards his wife. "I am your husband you mad woman! You're leaving with the evacuators—now!" he hollered, snatching his wife's wrist, dragging her toward the door.

"LET ME GO YOU ASSHOLE!" Sonya screamed and pounded Elijah's broad back with her fist. "YOU FUCKING ABUSIVE ASSHOLE! LET ME GO!"

"Sonya," Elijah stopped, held Sonya by her shoulders and bowed his neck looking into her eyes." I love you more than anything in this world and I will spend the rest of my life paying repentance for what I had done." He glanced at her bruised cheek. "But please, if anything—" tears surfaced, "Please. I'm begging you. Please just leave." Elijah began sobbing.

Sonya trembled, having never seen her husband cry before. "You—you—I'll never forgive you for that. But you stupid ass, I'm your wife. I'm not leaving your side."

"And more importantly you're Eden's mother." Elijah embraced his wife tighter. "Not under the eyes of the Winds will I ever leave my daughter an orphan. If I die she will need you more than ever." Sonya's lip quivered as they bent into a frown. Elijah swallowed. Then the king lifted his head and hollered, "GUARDS! Take Sonya to the transports!"

"Elijah! NO!" Sonya attempted to wrestle out of his grip but was powerless beneath her husband's strength. Elijah's two personal appointed guards barged through the doors and each took Sonya by one of her arms. "FUCK YOU!" she screamed at her husband.

"YOU STUPID BITCH! YOU'RE NOT THINKING STRAIGHT! THINK ABOUT EDEN!"

"DON'T—ELIJAH! ELIJAH!" Sonya hysterically cried. "PLEASE NO! NO! I LOVE YOU!"

"AND I LOVE YOU!"

"ELIJAH!" Sonya wailed erratically at the top of her lungs and broke down sobbing.

Not bearing to watch Sonya's devastation, the king casted his eyes toward the ground. He had one moment to himself.

"Men!" he hollered, barging through the court's door again. "Any word from our allies?"

"Not yet—"

Ceilingtiles fell and shattered as another explosion went off.     

====================================

Thank you for reading "The Roar of Andora"!

If you enjoyed this chapter, please make sure to LIKE, COMMENT, and SHARE this story with your friends and fellow Wattpad readers. Every little bit helps! And make sure to follow landenwakil to keep notified on when "The Roar of Andora" gets updated next.

Also, if you're enjoying the World of Andora, but have ran out of story to read (yikes!), please make sure to check out the "The Myths of Andora" and "The Tales of Andora" found on landenwakil's Wattpad account. There are many other incredibly talented writers contributing their stories to the World of Andora, so please make sure to support their work, and asides, there are some other pretty epic adventures happening all the time in Andora that you won't want to miss out on!

Instagram: — Personal: @landenwakil — The Roar: @theroarofandora