works for everyone

Harry, Isla and her mother were all sat down at the dinner table chatting about their days, Isla made sure to say something about the Russians since that's all she could remember about her History lesson.

"Any plans for the weekend darling?" Her mother asked.

Isla fiddled with the hem of her school skirt knowing she would have to reject her invitation. "I got invited to a party. But I know I won't be able to get home so I'll just stay home."

"Oh. I'm sorry, I'm working." Her mother sighed and Isla immediately felt bad for making her mother feel guilty.

"No it's fine, don't worry Mum." She gave her mother an empty smile just as Harry's deep voice spoke up.

"I could always pick you up, Is. I'm not doing anything." He shrugged.

"Harry it's fine don't wor-" He rubs his wife's arm comfortingly.

"Em, it works for everyone. We can make sure she's home safe and you don't have to worry."

Isla smiled at Harry, with a genuine smile; not the half-hearted ones she did when he was being kind to her the rest of the time.

"Will you be drinking?"

Now, it was legal for Isla to drink but Emilia Styles always tried to share stories with Isla about how she always has to give kids a stomach pump after consuming too much alcohol. It didn't scare her daughter but she didn't know what to say.

...until she saw Harry shaking his head with wide eyes.

"Uh, no. I won't."

"That's sensible of you." Her mother smiled.

* * *

There was a knock on her bedroom door and before she knew it, Harry had stepped into Isla's room.

"Hey, so I can get you something for your party if you want. I know Em hates drinking but you'll be missing out."

Isla raises her eyebrows at him before laughing. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. I'll grab something I think you'll like. But don't drink too much and don't tell your mother, I'm responsible for you for that night."

He rotates his broad frame to leave her room and she grabs his arm to face her again.

"Thanks, Harry." Isla gives him a quick hug before returning to her laptop.

He stands still for a moment before smiling again and leaving; maybe there was hope after all. Isla knew one thing - she needed some liquid courage to get through the party if Theo was gonna be there.

* * *
Friday

"Mum! Mum?" Isla called, her fake tan in one hand and mit in the other. The party was tomorrow and her fake tan from her previous application had worn off of her skin.

"Mum I need you to fake tan my back, please!" She waited for a reply, or to hear approaching footsteps but it was quiet.

Isla trotted downstairs and scanned the house before spotting Harry on asleep on the sofa.

"Oh my god." She shrieked covering her bare chest with her arm and turning around. This startled her stepfather and he woke up with wide eyes, quickly averting them when he saw Isla in her underwear.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

She bit her lip before turning her head, "Um, well I was looking for Mum so she could fake tan my back, but I don't think she's here."

Harry sighed and rubbed his forehead with his large palm. "Give it here." He gestured to the St Tropez bottle and began following Isla's instructions.

"Just shake the bottle, squirt it onto the mit and rub it into my back in circular motions."

"Why haven't you got any clothes on, Is?"

Her face flushed, "It would leave lines if I had too much clothes on so this is how I fake tan." She shrugged.

The mit began travelling further down her back and Isla cringed at the thought of Harry having to look where her underwear was; she was just thankful it wasn't a thong.

"Right, I think I'm done." Harry awkwardly rubs the back of his neck whilst Isla goes to check over his work in the mirror, careful to keep her arm over her breasts.

"I'm impressed Harry, you've definitely done this before." She laughed and he just shook his head.

"Go get changed, I'll start with dinner."

Isla stalked out of the room and Harry thought about walking behind her just so he could see her a little more. At this point though, he felt creepy and perverted - he was 18 years older than her. He was married to her mother, a woman he had loved for 4 years now.

But something about the situation made his tummy twist into knots. He knew that as Isla grew older he seemed to notice her more, how she had developed into her own person - someone he was very fond of. However, he also noticed her other aspects of growing up and after this he wanted to think about her again, how she was half naked in front of him.

Harry knew it was wrong but somehow he didn't feel guilty, he just assumed it was lust. It happened to everyone at the best of times but this desire wasn't good considering he had to live with her - most of the time just with her.