it isn't right

"Jess, I'm not sure about this."

Isla looked in the mirror and smoothed out the tight black jeans that cling to her thighs. Jess had given her a small red bralet and Isla had managed to squeeze it over her torso, being as it was a bit small since it was Jess's and not hers.

"Is, you look so good. You'll catch his attention." She nudged Isla.

"What? Who's attention?"

Jess glared at her. "Okay, so we're playing this game?"

"Fuck off." Isla giggled and pulled some heeled boots over her feet. They made taller than she already was and she loved it, it was a perk of being long-legged.

"So," Jess lowered her voice. "What stuff did Harry get you?"

Isla pulled out a few bottles from her bag and placed them in front of her best friend.

"Disaronno? Nice." Jess continued to comment on their stash of goods before checking herself in the mirror once more. "We look good."

Isla smiles and took a shaky breath. "Yeah, we do."

* * *

As soon as the girls arrived at the party, she spotted him. He had his hands grasped around some red head's waist and was talking into her ear.

Isla marched off into the kitchen and prepared herself several drinks which she proceeded to demolish.

"Just look at Theo." She slurred to Liam, a friend from English. "He always says he's the same he's always been, but he was never like that."

Liam pats her arm softly. "Isla, you deserve better than to be hung up on a prick like him."

She knew he was right; she knew that she could find someone who was nice and kind and would treat her right. But somehow in her eyes, it was almost better to be hung up over someone she cared for so deeply than to begin something with someone who wasn't nearly as significant.

She hugged Liam, hard. He smelt like Bacardi and lemon shampoo. It was nice. Comforting.

"Let's go get another drink, eh?" He held out his hand to Isla and she followed him back into the kitchen.

Isla managed to ignore Theo all night and she found herself enjoying being with everyone without him as company too.

Until she passed out. Now, she didn't hit her head or anything, but the alcohol had gotten to her and she began to feel drowsy before she flopped onto a nearby chair and starting snoring lightly.

A ringtone screamed through her skull and Isla woke up by pressing her phone to her ear.

"Isla? Where are you? I haven't been able to reach you." It was Harry and he seemed frantic.

"Uh, I'm actually, just, well I was sleeping on a chair right now, actually." She mumbled.

"I'm coming inside." He hung on.

"Nooo. No no no no no no no nooooo. Apple bottom jeans, jeans. Boots with the fu-" Isla was yanked up from the position and carried away from the now almost empty house, no longer singing into her turned off mobile.

"What am I gonna do with you, Is?" Harry ran his fingers through his hair and shut her car door.

* * *

Harry couldn't deny she looked good, but then again then she was a beautiful girl and she always seemed to pull off whatever she threw on.

"How much did you drink?" Isla laid her skull against the headrest and avoided his question. "You mixed spirits, didn't you."

She turned her head to face the right hand side of the vehicle and frowned. "I wasn't going to but then I saw Theo."

Before Harry knew it warm, salty tears began to pour from her wide eyes; it made him feel funny, like someone had kicked him in the stomach.

"Is. Come on, angel. You're too young to be crying over adolescent dickheads." He patted her knee and Isla pulled her body over the divide to lay her head in his lap.

Harry froze. She was pulling herself together, but in turn, it was unravelling Harry instead. He hated to admit it but he loved the pressure on his groin and shook his head at himself.

He sped home, careful not to knock Isla's head into anything whilst he trekked up the carpeted staircase.

Isla was placed into her bed and Harry searched through her drawers to find pyjamas. "Is, you need to change. I'll go get your toothbrush."

Once Harry had returned, he found his stepdaughter struggling with her jeans and before he could leave her to figure it out, she spotted him.

"I need some help with my belt, please." She drawled.

Harry chuckled, "You don't have a belt on."

"Oh."

He knew she wouldn't be able to do this so he compromised.

"Okay, I'm gonna pull the jeans from your feet and then you, you're gonna pull them down from your waist." She nodded and complied as Harry chucked her some cotton shorts.

Shit. He didn't know what to do about the top. He didn't mean to, but he could tell she wasn't wearing a bra; it was tight too. He would have to help her. She looked really good though, he thought.

Harry snapped out of this thoughts and saw Isla attempting to pull the material over her head and failing to do so.

"Darling, just hold on a minute." He scrambled behind her and began to pull the top from the back of her body up and over her head, making sure to keep his eyes averted from her chest. Her nice, perky chest.

He didn't avert them completely. And he knew this wasn't good.

"Thanks Harry a lot." Isla pulled her stepfather towards her body and clung to him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He didn't want to, but he told himself that he couldn't help it. So, he began to imagine his stepdaughter in this position on him, but naked as he thrust into her whilst the heels of her feet dug into his lower back.

He said he wasn't at fault. It was his imagination, after all. Plus it felt good, her bare chest against his shirt; it was concealed but he could feel it and his jeans tightened. It isn't right; it isn't right to think about your wife's daughter like this. Not when she's 16 and so smiley and innocent.

It couldn't be this girl, the one who still had chocolate milk with dinner every evening and stayed up late just to watch old Disney Channel reruns. But she had really done something to Harry, and quite frankly it scared him. Who would've thought fake tanning could've led to this sinful, lust-induced want.

No one, because it isn't anything, he told himself. It won't be anything.

Harry sprung off of her. "Uh, yeah, don't worry about it."

He threw her a t shirt and left her room in a hurry to avoid seeing anything he shouldn't. He had a problem, and he didn't know what to do.

Come to think of it, Harry looked at his crotch and tried not to freak out, he had two problems.