Vere Lebriole [Tribute Form]

Author Games: A Prince's War

[Picture unavailable]

Synopsis: A man of confident charisma is not always a man to follow into war; vanity is unwise.

Character Name: Vere Lebriole

Gender: Male

Age: 44

Birthplace: Feralian, Adrigole

Physical Appearance: Vere, though creased with the signs of age in his forehead, cheeks, and the corners of his eyes, is charming in his looks, looks that change drastically from expression to expression, but never in a way that is unattractive to those who've known him for a short time. His skin is calloused and shows the marks of recovery from years and years before, and a lot of it is left dirty, for he's not the greatest role model when it comes to personal hygiene (his teeth are quite yellow; he never shows them). Dark eyes match the dark hair upon his body; while only slightly touched by the curse of common male balding, he has not been able to prevent the salt-and-peppering of his hair, both on his scalp and chin. That's quite alright - it brings him respect, the fact he's lived so long in this world.

Personality: He is not a wise or humble man by any means, but he has never been an unkind man. Exhibiting the greatest respect for those around him, even if he acknowledges to himself that they are beneath him (not the greatest outlook in a group), he is seen as good-hearted. Another hearted: lighthearted. He tries his best to keep things as unserious as he can, for the burden of focus gets him thinking all too much, and sometimes resorts to hearty drinking just to stay true to this. Vere is also impulsive - confident, arrogant, say it how you will, he simply believes himself to have more influence and skill than he might actually possess, and this, especially in his days of early knighthood, always leads him astray from any sense of cooperation as he attempts to get things done on his own. At least he's a sneaky one - but never an unhonest one.

Background: Vere was born with an unnamed health condition, one that, since birth, has left him stumbling around, weak and disoriented in the senses, and only treated by a specific mixture that the nearby doctor has learned by heart in his trusted apothecary. He must take this frequently, lest he wishes to devolve into a confused, stumbling mess. It was this that eventually led to his departure from knighthood (he tells himself this, at least, in order to convince himself it couldn't have possibly been his lone wolf tendencies) a decade or so ago. Ever since, he's lived in Feralian, keeping to a strong schedule of religious worship at the nearby church and productive work to keep him both distracted and fed. He lives alone; once, he'd been married, had a child, but during his commission in a separate battle, his wife had burned in their home. The remains of his son were never found, but he has assumed, after all these years, that he also perished. He returns to war only because he has been militarily recalled to it.

Skills: While Vere's condition puts him at a disadvantage, his years of training have left him so skilled with a sword that he doesn't think he'll ever forget how the weight of it felt in his hands. Additionally, he thinks himself quite heroic, and will do much to preserve his own sense of pride and dignity, even if that means working himself to exhaustion until he's achieved his goal. Essentially, he's stalwart.