Chapter Seventeen

JASMINES POINT OF VIEW
After the war Alexis and I went back to her home and we literally spent the whole weekend together just resting. Every day I'm checking the letter box for my hopefully acceptance letter.

Monday, it's my last week at high school and others are feeling sad that they leaving they families. I'm excited to leave, this part of my life he is over. Time to move on and to the next chapter in my life. My family is coming with me. Alexis, Santana and Freya.

The school days seemed to go on and on. Theirs no lesson this week, we just sitting around talking to the people that we've known since as long as we can remember. Soon going to off and maybe might see one in the streets on a lucky day.

Friday is graduation day, where the whole grade goes in the gym. With the rest of the school and we each go up and get our certificates. On Sunday is Formal, and others are going with their boyfriends and then they is my group. We are going with just us four.

Wednesday, after I park my bike outside of Alexis house checking the letter box. I screamed with joy and run inside to Alexis who's watching the news. She looks at me holding the the letters. We FaceTime Santana and Freya who also got there's. "Okay on the count three." I say looking at everyone. "ONE, TWO AND THREE!" We open up the letters on three. I hear Alexis got accepted in her chosen art, Santana in some fantasy science and Freya in Journalism. Alexis looks at me with a sad face and said. "Jasmine, did you get accepted into art like me" I look over to her with a sad face.

I start pissing myself laughing at them. "PLAYED YOU ALL, WE ARE ALL GOING TO THE SAME UNI NEXT YEAR." Alexis hits me across head. Santana yells at me "BITCH, thought you didn't get in, though I had to start coming up with all this positive supportive friend stuff". I hear Freya's laughter in the background. Reply's with. "If anyone was to be the motivational speaker, of would be me." She saids to Santana. We talk on FaceTime for awhile before I ended the call.

If only my mother father, family could see me now. What would they think of me? Alexis must've known what I was thinking because she turns to me saying. "They would be proud of the strong woman you're becoming." She saids. I smile at her.

The rest of the week went by faster and before we knew it. I was in the shower and getting ready for the last time putting on the awful school uniform. For most of the year the principal is fine with us wearing normal clothing. The last day of school is the only time we have to wear it. Good thing our year 12 jumpers came the other day. I get dressed and put in my year 12 jumper and for the last time get on my bike and drive to school.

The Graduation was a long winded affair that went on and on. Speakers after speakers. The time finally came for the best best. Receiving our certificates. The year 12 go and and shake the hand of the of the principle and accept their certificates. My name gets called and I hope I actually passed year 12. So much has happened I didn't have the time or mentality couldn't do my best. As I shake the principal hand she whispers to me. "You did well, considering everything that's happened." I thank him and return to my sit. I opened it and I passed by the smallest point. I got straight C's.

As I walk out everyone's taking photos with their families and after Alexis was done along with Santana and Freya.
They look at me and yell out. "COME ON! WERE ARE YOUR FAMILY NOW!" I smile and Santana's Mother takes a photo of us four.

Back at Alexis house. As I'm going though my Instagram. Alexis walks in saying, "can I come in". I replied by saying yes. She walks in sitting on my bed with a serious face. She said "we should make vow to never tell anyone what happened this year. It stays between us only." I look at her weirdly and say. "Of course, I was never going to tell anyone anything. If it makes you feel better I will say a vow with you."

She gets up and returns with a Pen and paper and starts writing. She can be such a weirdo I think to myself, she finished writing and saids. "Now at the same time we say what I've written." I nod to tell her that I understood. Together reading out what Alexis wrote. "Together we vow to NEVER speak of the events that has taken place other the past few months." When we finish Alexis saids "thanks" and leaves. I raise my eyebrows and get to sleep.

Saturday went by faster and before we knew it. Alexis, Santana and I were at Freya's house getting ready for formal. Together we did each other's hair and makeup. Playing music and had a fun time getting ready. The formal stated in an hour and it was time to get in our
Dresses. I go into the bathroom to get changed and look at my dress. It was my mothers.

Looking at the dress seeing that some skin shows in the past I've wanted to cover up my burn scars

Looking at the dress seeing that some skin shows in the past I've wanted to cover up my burn scars. This time was different, I wanted to show them off. To prove to everybody that saw that. Yes I've been though hell and back. But I'm back and stronger then ever.

We get the the school gym that from Friday has been transformed into a beautiful garden themed room.

By the end of the night with my high heals in my hands. I had a lot of delicious food. Took thunders of photos, danced by butt of and had a night I will never forget with my friends.

————————————————————

Second to last chapter, everything wrapping up 😢

PUBLISHING THE LAST CHAPTER BEOFRE THE END OF THE DAY