E I G H T

T h e   F o l l o w i n g   D a y   A t   S c h o o l . . .

= = = = 

Y/N dreadfully gazed up at the gates to her school, sighing quietly at what was to come. She was suspicious of Jungkook and tried not to believe who she knew he was. But she knew she had to face the one she fears one day. And that was today.

As Y/N walked down the entry hall, she noticed several students crowded around the announcement board. Filled with curiosity, Y/N shimmied through the crowd to see what all the corruption was about. Alas, she really wished her curiosity didn't get the best of her. Since it killed her cat.

"18-year-old student, Lisa Manoban violently murdered near a stream under a bridge in Seoul Park. Near the body lies a pocket knife that supposedly holds the fingerprints of the killer. Results are being carried out this afternoon."

Pictures. Pictures of Y/N's friend who has been missing for over a year found wrapped beneath a black sheet with police investigators scanning the area. Y/N saw Lisa's wet hair sprawled out beneath the sheet. Her pulse filled her ears and her eyes were stinging from the absence of blinking. Y/N couldn't even bring herself to cry. The amount of pain degrading within her heart was excruciatingly agonizing. It felt as if someone ripped her heart out and drowned it into nothing but oblivion.

"I know who did this." Y/N internally stated. Her fists bared tightly and her breathing quickened. She glared at the board and blurred everyones' faces out of her surroundings. The enraged teenage girl spun around and stalked down the hall, a deadly look within her eyes.

As classes dreadfully stretched the long day out, Y/N made it to her fifth-period class--her elective class. A class that holds students of all ages who selected the course. Including Jungkook.

Y/N sat down at her desk before the bell could even ring, forcing the distracted students to quiet their gossip about the recent news and head to their respectful seats--much to their disappointment. Unfortunately, to Y/N's dismay, Jungkook was present today.

Upon entering the classroom was none other than Jungkook. Y/N ignored his stare and instead blinked her teary eyes away. Jungkook felt a sting in his heart, knowing that he was the reason she was crying again. Y/N eagerly waited for the teacher to arrive when she noticed Jungkook hesitantly walk over to her. A shaky sigh escaped her lips, "What do you want." she spat.

Jungkook smiled behind his facade, he was playing the victim after all. "What--What do you mean, Y/N?"

Doubt filled Y/N's mind for a moment as she internally argued with herself. "No, he couldn't have done it. He would never." but confidence flowed through her veins. "I can't be sure he's innocent. I know I'm right."

"You know exactly what I mean," she turned to glare at him. Jungkook flinched at her harshness, despite slightly being aroused by her anger.

"I-I don't..." he looked down at his hands. "I'm sorry for whatever I did. I didn't mean to make you angry?"

Y/N's glare softened into an ashamed look. How could she have blamed him like that? She wasn't even completely sure he was the culprit. Y/N quietly sighed once more and brought him into a hug just before class had started.

Jungkook's expression brightened at her forgiveness and accepted the hug, resting his head on her shoulder with a creepy-wide smile hidden from her. Jungkook was lovesick, no doubt about it. And because he was lovestruck by Y/N all over again, he was distracted from the consequences he would soon suffer. "She's so oblivious and pathetic. I love her." he greedily thought, holding her close.

Y/N had thoughts of her own. She shamed herself for blaming her best friend for something he was practically incapable of doing. "Kook, the teacher is here, go to your seat."

Jungkook pulled away from her and playfully saluted and head to his seat. Just as the teacher walked in, everyone scurried to their seats and brought out their supplies. Throughout the entire class time, Jungkook paid no attention to the teacher. He only rested his head on his palm, swinging his feet back and forth beneath his chair like a little kid. The lovestruck teenage boy watched the pathetic girl drown in ignorance.

The class was finally over and Jungkook found himself skipping beside Y/N, happily making their way to the cafeteria for lunch. Instead of sitting with his Hyungs so that they wouldn't embarrass him, Jungkook dragged Y/N to an empty corner at a table. The giddiness he felt within his heart as he watched Y/N enjoy her lunch made him feel so warm.

Alas, the genuine and peaceful momentum came to an end.

Officers flood into the cafeteria, ushering people to remain where they were and keep calm. Before Jungkook could hide or run away, the officers identified him and tackled him down. He fought within their grip, with his Hyungs helping him fight against them. Y/N couldn't do much but beg one of the officers guarding the students to let him go.

Jungkook knew this was the last time he'd see his Senpai in a while, and cursed himself for being too reckless and confident about his work. "Damn it, get off of me!" he cried angrily. His insanity and bloodlust spiked within him as he thrashed around.

But before he was pulled out of the building and lost Y/N from his sight, he hollered at the top of his lungs, "I LOVE YOU, Y/N! DON'T EVER FORGET THAT!! I WILL BE BACK, I SWEAR!! I LOVE YOU!" And he was gone.