S E V E N T E E N (Alternative Version)

This version still has the same outcome as the other chapter.

= = = =

"So," Y/N's voice cracked, tears visibly streaming down her face, "you're actually the person that killed Lisa all those years ago."

Jungkook pursed his lips, looking down and nodding his head, uttering a quiet, "Yes."

"A-And she's gone. Gone forever?" Y/N started crying uncontrollably, trying to wipe the constant tears that fell down her face. Jungkook reached out to touch her but it was slapped away by her. "DON'T TOUCH ME!"

Jungkook froze in utter remorse. He was the reason she's crying. He's the cause of all this. He's the one who ruined her life by taking away her best friend. His hand fell limply to his side as his eyes stared wide at her shaking figure. The amount of shame and guilt that grew within him at that moment was indescribable.

"GET OUT OF MY DAMN HOUSE, JEON." She screamed finally looking at him and pointing her finger towards the door. The fierce glare she held towards him broke his heart. Nonetheless, he got up and slowly strides out the door, falling to the floor with his shattered spirit. Tears fell out of his eyes subconsciously.

He didn't even bother wiping them away.

He didn't even bother getting up to move.

He didn't even bother thinking about living anymore.

= = = =

Several weeks had passed since the heart-breaking interaction between the two. And none have been able to do anything at all. Jungkook lost purpose in his life, and he had stopped eating, showering, sleeping, and he's even tried to stop breathing.

Nothing could fix his broken state caused by a single woman. But not just any woman, a woman who shaped him into the man he is now. A woman who is the essence of his life.

A woman who... absolutely hated his guts.

Jungkook downed another beer as he sat on his couch in the dim-lighted room from the TV showing the latest products. Jungkook was growing a beard, his eye-bags quite visible along with his grown-out and oily hair. He wasn't in shape anymore either.

But it all changed from a single knock on his door. Jungkook groaned and decided to shout, "Who is it?"

"I-It's me...Y/N."

And Jungkook had never been so rushed before in his life. He jumped up out of the couch and ran to the bathroom, grimacing at his appearance in the mirror. Even so, he tried looking as best as he could. He brushed his disgusting hair, washed his face, drank some water, and put on a large sweater he owned. He did not want Y/N to see his chubby/scrawny figure at all.

Knocks never faltered as he prepared himself. Y/N was set on getting things straight between them. After the incident, her brothers came out to comfort and support her, and they helped her realized what was best:

Moving on.

"Jungkook?"

"I-In a minute!" He cried, limping around on one leg trying to get his pants on. Y/N heard a loud thump on the other side of the door, followed by a line of curses.

"Jungkook, did you f-fall?" Y/N had to stifle her laughter as to not be rude.

"N-No!" Jungkook blushed, standing up and finally getting his tight jeans on. He gained a lot of weight these past few months and his jeans hardly fit him anymore! He opened the door and brushed his hair out from his face, slightly out of breath, as he smoothly asked, "What's up?"