9 - To Blake...

[ This chapter is placed in Episode 6, most of the time Blake will be in the hospital and when Jim writes his letters. During Jim's and Draal's brawl, Blake reads the letter, so it's going to be short ]

Blake opens her eyes slightly and could see the ceiling lights passing through and a face she's never seen before. Their hair was ginger and was in a bun. They wore glasses and behind the lenses were blue eyes. She grunts and tries to get up, but the doctor pushes back down onto the moving hospital bed.

"It's okay, just lay down and we'll get you treated right away, don't try and move," they stated as they press a cloth onto Blake's side. Blake winces in pain and became numb.

Then Blake could feel her body getting weak and her vision was disappearing. Her vision became pitch black, she couldn't feel her body. Sleep Paralysis? No, is she experiencing death? Blake wasn't dead, she could slightly feel something on her arm, a tingling sensation - someone was touching her.

Blake jolted her eyes open, "Jim!" she exclaims as she sits up. She screams in agony and notices she was bandaged up around her waist.

"How did I--" then it came back to her.

When that thing threw Blake, she didn't even know there were glass shards. She landed on one of them and didn't feel a thing, she was too busy trying to breathe.

"Ah, you're awake," Barbara says as she walks to Blake's bedside.

"Yeah, what happened?" Blake questions.

Barbara explained everything to the clueless girl in the hospital bed while Jim was in his room trying to write letters.

"To Blake, I'm sorry you had to see that..." Jim began writing as he did some Free Association writing - writing whatever comes in his head. When he wrote down the things he wanted to Blake. He felt comfortable, but he didn't feel as comfortable when he had to bring it to Blake himself. Or if she was ever going to read it.

Jim gathered the courage to go to the hospital and enter Blake's room. He opens to door and sees Blake sleeping, he was relieved, but not as relieved when he has written down everything that he is doing in his second life as a Trollhunter.

He walks to her bedside and looked at the sleeping Blake. She looked peaceful, her pale skin looked smooth and her long wavy platinum hair made her look like a porcelain doll. Jim looks at the bandages on her waist and sighs, "sorry, Blake, I've done this to you," Jim then places the letter beside Blake's sleeping face. The Trollhunter sighs and goes back home to give the rest of his letters to the one he loves and endears the most.

A day later, Jim was prepared for his fight to the death in the Hero's Forge.

Blake had woken up and found the letter in front of her. She looks at it, it wasn't addressed, so it must've been given to her while she was resting. She sighs softly and gets up properly into a seating position and opens the letter.

'To Blake, I'm sorry you had to see that. You know, the goblins and changelings. When I met you at school and was assigned to show you around town, I was supposed to train as a Trollhunter. Yes, Trolls exists. Not the ones who steal half of the socks pair and leave in the morning and waking up that you can't find it. Trolls who live beneath our very feet. There is a big chance where you will read this tomorrow; the day when I will probably die from a troll in battle. I was glad that I have met you, or when Mr. Strickler assigned me to show you around. I got to know some things about you. You work at a cafe, a caring person, a rebel, and a generous person. I was glad to meet you but too bad it had to end quickly.  From, James Lake Jr, or Jim.'

Blake smiles as she reads the letter. Most of the time she was frowning but the last few sentences made her smile - no one calls her those kinds of traits before. She was glad.

"Trolls, changelings, and goblins?" Blake questions as she puts the letter down on her lap, "who'd knew that they were here in Arcadia..." Blake says sternly.

Blake stares out the window and was becoming tired, the more she rested, the more she was healed up. Her side was recovering and was regaining her strength again to walk and move more.

However, Blake just sits there, thinking about Jim being a "Trollhunter".

She brings out an amulet out of her pocket and noticed it was glowing with a medium purple glow, "he's one too,"

Blake quickly puts her amulet away and someone just came into her room. It was her mother and little sister coming for a visit to see her recovery going well. Blake laughed and her little sister was crying, acting like "mommy, she's dying!". Blake chuckled by the thought of it happening.

"Good news, the doctor said you are going to be discharged tomorrow in the afternoon or at before noon," Blake's mother says. Blake was happy for that, after a few foods, and hug and kisses, Blake was dozing off into her sleep.

"Gotta show them soon," Blake pauses and shrugs her shoulders, "I'll do that later, I'm too lazy..." Blake falls asleep to recover. With a blink from her black colored eyes, she instantly falls asleep.

Blake had to face Jim again after seeing him in his armor and fighting a changeling. It's going to be awkward.