52 - Humanity in Jim

Nomura and Blake already had their training session. It was now Jim's and Mr. Stricklers time to train. Jim was more aggressive with today's training session and Blake knew exactly why that is. She smirked slightly but she was slightly concerned about it and wondered if Jim was going to use that for his training today.

"There's a little more fight in you today, Young Atlas," Mr. Strickler pointed out, slightly impressed about Jim's aggression today.

Jim steps back and gets back into a fighting position, "I don't want to talk about it," he aggressively states.

Blake couldn't help but just focus on Jim the whole entire time. She felt off. Mr. Strickler shouts loudly and tried to actually hit Jim. Blake refocused her attention to both of them.

She leans down toward Nomura's ear, "is that even part of the training?" she questioned.

Nomura takes a sip out of her cup of coffee, "yes. Yes, it is. Now, shut up and watch closely, Stricklander is going to test Jim about the rules - listen in and answer them," she says. Blake stands back a little and did what she was told.

"You won't win by playing fair," Mr. Strickler states as he throws another swing, "again, what is the code of changelings? Rule one!"

"There's another among assassins," Jim and Blake said in unison.

"Rule two!" Mr. Strickler throws another attack.

"Rule one is a lie! There's no such thing as honour," Jim and Blake say slightly louder.

"Rule number three?" Mr. Strickler throws another hit but it was harder.

"Everything and everyone is a tool to get what you want," Jim grunts loudly and Blake whispered, "and I want to kill Gumnar!" Jim angrily exclaims.

Blake's right eye ignited a purple flame. Her mind was now racing with murderous thoughts of every GummGumm or of any threat to humankind in Arcadia. Blake blinks a few times, the purple flame distinguishes from her eyes when she heard Mr. Strickler groan and was on the ground in pain. Blake wanted to help but Nomura stopped her. She didn't compromise, she just watched.

Mr. Strickler growled and took his chance to put Jim into a locked position, "you can't even save yourself! How can you possibly save your friends or your family," Strickler reminds Jim about his family and friends in danger.

Jim yells as he tries to struggle out of Mr. Strickler's grip between his weapon. Jim's armour suddenly glows with a brighter blue.

Blake squinted and observed Jim closely more than ever. His armour was glowing and he was able to get out of Mr. Strickler's grip by headbutting him and throwing him to the ground. Jim made his encounter when he had Mr. Strickler at sword-point. Blake focused her attention to Jim more than Mr. Strickler and Nomura. If she was hearing things, she heard Jim growl.

His armour glows again and he gasps. Blake stood there, feeling astonished at what she had just witnessed about Jim in tonight's training session.

In fear, Jim ran away from it, "same time tomorrow, Trollhunter?" Mr. Strickler groans.

"He's not ready. His humanity will get him killed," Nomura comments. Blake blinked a few times as the image kept replaying in her head about Jim, Nomura turns to Blake, "be ready for tomorrow, we are going to train mo--"

Blake abruptly cuts her off, "his humanity may get him killed but at least he is going to die as a human being than a gummgumm," she glared at her. Blake makes her way out of the sewers and made her armour disappear and went back home to lay down on her bed till the sun came up again.