32 - Skyler Ryder

[ Episode 25 - A Night to Remember isn't going to be written, only a small bit but that is it. This is all going to be about Skyler (Blake's older sister) Ryder. It's going to be a short chapter as well ]

Blake groans, "Blake!" Blake can hear a voice, muffled voice right beside her but she can't quite make out whose voice it was. She opens her eyes and blinked a few times and saw her sister beside her. 

"Blake! Thank goodness," she cried.

"Where am I? What are you doing here?" Blake questions with a rasp in her voice.

"We're in Trollmarket, I just happened to visit earlier today. And, of course, the trolls called me the human nicknames, but Vendel immediately recognized me as your support and he told me what happened. Angor Rot," 

"Ugh, don't remind me of him. I am just glad that he isn't going to enter Trollmarket to kill us all,"

"I know, while you were still passed out. Two little ones, the skinny girl and the small chubby one went to go find the unbinding spell for Ms. Lake and Mr. Strickler,"

"Oh, I forgot about the binding spell between them," 

"Speaking of wounds, what did Angor Rot do to you?"

"Oh, he just kicked me through the kitchen into the backyard by breaking the back door," 

"And you're still standing? Wow, my little sister is tougher than I thought,"

"Shut up..." Blake laughed. The girls decided to take a walk for a bit in Trollmarket and then head into the Heartstone to find Barbara lying there, unconscious and Mr. Strickler groaning in pain. Vendel puts the gemstone down slightly.

"The ritual is done," Vendel announces, he turns around and saw Skyler and Blake, "ah, Blake. And Skyler, it's been a while, "

Skyler bows slightly and smiles softly. 

Skyler and Vendel had a history together before. What makes it more shocking is that Skyler used to be the Midnight Trollhunter at Blake's age until she had to leave for college and took a few years off to settle down. And she's back here to be Blake's support and guidance. 

Blake glanced at Jim's mother and back at Vendel, "is Ms. Lake going to be okay?"

Vendel nods. But everything Barbara had seen and been through when she saw her son in the glowing armor and Mr. Strickler in his changeling form was going to disappear.

~ ~ ~

Blake was still limping and Skyler supported her all the way to the cafe. They entered the cafe and it wasn't too crowded as they thought. Their hardworking mother was running back and forth to the cash register and kitchen to get the customer's drinks and hand it to them.

Skyler picks up her sister and goes walking upstairs, "Sky! Blake!--" Ash saw her sister sleeping in Skyler's arms, "was she partying at the Spring Fling dance I keep hearing about?"

"You know that your sister isn't a party person," Skyler remarks as she set her on the couch for now. 

"Oh. Because there was this guy with big slug brows, he came to ask her about the Spring Fling dance,"

"What did you tell him?"

"I told him to step away from my big sister or I'll kick his balls into his stomach,"

"Ash!"

"What?"

"You're becoming a Ryder, nice!" Skyler raised her hand for a high-five and Ash gladly slapped her eldest sister's hand. 

Skyler picked up her youngest sister and went running upstairs and threw her on her bed. Skyler tells Ash to go to bed and Ash did what she said. Skyler heads back downstairs and saw her sister still unconscious. She kneels beside her and looked at her face.

Blake's complexion was getting pale and slightly pink because of the natural blush she had in her cheeks. Her hand and finger were slim. Skyler takes her hand and looked at it, she was going to run her hands until she saw something out of place. Her veins. They were a different color.
Skyler gasps softly, "no, not her,"

It seemed Skyler knew something about the veins turning a different color, but she couldn't tell Vendel, Blinky, or Blake. She didn't have the guts to. 

'Skyler Ryder, why did you bring this upon to your own little sister?' Skyler questions to herself. Regretting the choice she made.