14 - Another

"For the glory of Merlin, Midnight is mine to command!" A distorted voice emitted from the forest. Jim looks all around his surroundings and hoped that he could find that voice that spoke the same incantation from his amulet. Except it said "Midnight" in theirs.

Jim raises a brow and looks around the abyss around him. He looked around once more when he did a figure was standing there in front of him. The Trollhunter gasps and jumps back.

"Wait a minute... that armor, you're--" before he could finish he was attacked by them with their sword. It was just like Jim's sword of Daylight but it had a dark purple handle and a black blade. Their black blade was engulfed with purple flames.

In milliseconds, he summons his armor and uses his sword to block their attack. Jim grunts as he tries to push them away.

"You're not ready to fight the night that is coming!"

~~~

Jim gasps loudly as he jolted up from his bed. That was his first encounter of a dream that seemed so surreal and vivid like a lucid dream. What night? Jim wondered as he gets ready to go to school, waiting to see Mr. Stickler who he now knows that he is a changeling.

Once he got to school and was in Mr. Strickler's class teaching a lesson about wars in the past - no one was interested in the lesson. While everyone else was quiet and Mr. Strickler told a joke to make everyone laugh, Jim, on the other hand, was glaring at him.

"Look at that. He's got the whole classing eating out of his hand!" Jim snarled.

"His creepy troll hand!" Toby added.

"I trusted him. He betrayed me, and worst of all, he hit on my mother!" Jim listed out as he whispered to his best friend, Toby.

Jim glares once more at Mr. Strickler and decides he should end him right there in front of the class but Toby came up with another idea, "or, you can ask him to divulge the whereabouts of the bridge that could release unspeakable evil? I don't know," Toby suggests sarcastically.

Toby and Jim started to feel paranoid about Mr. Strickler knowing if he knew that Jim, his favorite pupil, turned out to be his archnemesis for his mother and to troll-kind.

While Jim and Toby were talking about Mr. Strickler knowing if he knew or not. Blake was holding her head. She had the weirdest dream. She remembers pieces of it but not all of it. Blake recites the incantation from her Midnight's Amulet and she ended up attacking someone, she couldn't see their face clearly and they said, "I won't hurt you during that night!" they plead. Blake had no idea what night they were talking about.

The bell rang. Everyone grabs their stuff, "One last lesson: who can tell me where Napoleon kept his armies? In his sleevies!" Mr. Strickler laughs at his own joke. Blake smiled a little and went out of the classroom, she could see him going toward his favorite pupil, Jim.

As she was heading out of the classroom, she past Claire and Darci, "Looks like someone has eyes for Jim," Darci coos.

"Remember that letter I was telling you about?" Claire reminds Darci. Blake gasps softly. So she wasn't the only one who got a letter from Jim.

"The one where he was fighting all of those inner monsters - you don't think he's crazy, do you?" Darci questions.

"I don't know, but I'm gonna find out," Claire declares to herself.

Blake listened to the whole thing from around the corner, she sighs and brings out that letter. After being unconscious and taken to the hospital, she told herself that was an illusion because whenever she saw something out of the ordinary - such as trolls, she'd wish that it was a dream. But, no, it wasn't the first time she saw trolls and goblins. She met them long ago, way before Jim became the Trollhunter and when she wasn't in town.