46 - It Never Happened

[ Jim POV's is going to begin halfway throughout the story where the episode Season 2, Ep 11: Unbecoming will take place of his chance to not become the Trollhunter. Plus, the beginning is going to be a lot different from what was written since I am rewriting just the beginning ]

[ Another warning, this is going to be a long chapter, it's over 3000 words, sorry :P ]

Blake was still groaning on the table where she rested. Sky and Vendel walked back into the Heartstone and had sad expressions. The three Trollhunters looked and hoped for a cure for Blake's sudden and dying illness, "there is a cure, but no Midnight Trollhunter had ever found out," Sky cried.

"The symptoms that Blake is experiencing, the symptoms will get worse and it will more than one symptom will be combined, making it worse for her," Vendel explains.

Jim gasped, he looked at Blake. Her expression looked famished and was pale and the veins were clearly showing the dark purple spreading.

"You guys have to make sure she doesn't do anything too drastic to herself, otherwise she'll become more weak to the point where she won't be able to transform into her Midnight armour," Sky says, she sighs loudly and wipes her eyes, "her time is almost at an end, do whatever you can to keep her moving on her feet, she doesn't like to sit around,"

"We will, Blake is in good hands," Jim says

~ ~ ~

Blake remembered that moment like a vivid dream. She was awake but unconscious to what was going on around her. If she remembered correctly, she heard Jim sniffle a little about Blake's news to almost dying on a timer.

If Blake wasn't on a timer, what would've happened? Blake questioned. She bit onto her nail as she felt the timer getting intense. Jim was held in the cages in the air.

"Don't worry, Blake, I can always get out of the situation like I always do," Jim reassured Blake. Blake looked up and smiled softly but her dried tears said otherwise.

"I know you do, but the Tribunal, what they are doing is wrong! You are innocent, sure you may have let Gunmar escaped but you were getting close to the Bridge, you would've been trapped in there forever!" Blake exclaimed. She sighed loudly and hid her face in the palm of her hands, "Jim, if you are being put on trial, it is our time to save you and not us," she declares.

She suddenly hears Usurna and Vendel and Krubera enter the jail room. Blake quickly hid behind a pillar and took her chance to run behind them once they were in front of Jim.

Blake didn't leave, she stood near the door and looked over the corner, she can barely hear what they were saying, she was only able to hear some, "this is beyond my authority, I am sorry," Vendel says.

"James Lake Jr., you stand accused of unleashing Gunmar on the world and failing to protect trollkind," Queen Usurna proclaims.

"If you let me out, I can fight--" Jim was cut off.

"You will face trial in front of the Tribunal for your crime," Queen Usurna gazed deeply into Jim's eyes, "if found guilty, as you say you are..."

"The consequence could be... death," Vendel added.

Blake gasped and couldn't hear any more of this. She didn't want to listen or hear Jim die on her watch. She was the one dying. She left the room while crying.

~ ~ ~

Jim was thrown back into the cell by the Krubera. Time went by quietly and quickly, Jim was sitting in the cell while looking at his amulet, "is this what you wanted? To hurt everyone? To ruin my life? Why did you choose me, huh?" Jim questioned the amulet, on the brink of tears, "I wish I never picked you up in the first place," Jim wishes as he throws the amulet out of the cage.