28 - A Day Off

[ This chapter isn't going to have Episode 21: Party Monster. This chapter is going to be all about Blake and her family since her family was never properly introduced ]

Blake woke up and stretched. She felt really tired after all that craziness yesterday. The teenagers running around and the screaming, it felt like she was going to die from a painful headache.

"Girls, breakfast!" Blake slides off of her bed and went downstairs. Her mother had prepared many side dishes in the middle and their plates at their seat. It was a Korean breakfast. Not only her mother was a barista, but she was also a chef in all foreign dishes, except Mexican and Italian. She wasn't a fan of those dishes. Literally, the kitchen was filled with different kinds of plates, bowls, cups, and cutlery. A cooking fanatic.

Blake sat in her seat and picked up the chopsticks, "ah! You can't eat without the rest of your siblings, wait until their here," Blake's mother scowls. Blake groans while feeling his stomach, she wanted to eat the many dishes of the Korean freshness.

Ash and Sky were finally coming down the stairs and sat at the table, "now you can eat," her mother states.

The girls grabbed their chopsticks and grabbed the food from the side dishes and ate till their heart's content and stomachs were full.

"Can Ash come with me to my lessons today, mom?" Blake chokes when her little sister asked their mother that.

"No, honey. Blake has to study, it's her last year in the second term and don't you want her to succeed?" she taunts with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, but, why not today?"

"I have to study for a Spanish test with Senor Ugh tomorrow, his classes are the hardest, half of the class barely pass," Blake states as she bites onto the egg roll. Blake looks at the clock and swallows her food and she decides to study for two hours and live for the rest of the day and back to studying tomorrow for three hours and then wait for the upcoming doom for her brain cells.

As she was studying, she made the decision to not do anything that is related to Trollhunter work. It was time to act like a normal girl with a normal life where trolls, pixies, gnomes, or anything didn't exist that was underground. Just one day.

"Blakey!" Ash jumped on Blake's desk like a cat, she pouts, "let's go to the movies today!" Ash exclaims with a pout.

"Ash, don't bother Blake when she's studying. I'll take you to the movies, what movie do you want to watch?" Sky tries to drag Ash away from Blake's study session.

Blake turns around on her office chair, "it's fine, I am done studying, surprisingly. What movie do you want to watch?"

Ash grins with glee, "Despicable Me 3!"

Blake chuckles and pats her little sister's head. Ash giggles and goes running to her room and went to get her things to put in her small purse. Blake chuckles and puts her stuff away in her bag. Sky shakes her head slightly and goes beside Blake, "is everything doing alright with you know what,"

"I'm doing fine, maybe some mistakes on the way but we're doing fine," Blake reassures her older sister.

Sky nods, "that's good, glad that you're doing it right and keeping yourself in the light,"

"Yeah, it's not easy though,"

"Why is that?"

"I don't know, it's just that, I suddenly felt possessed one night and was somewhere else for a second then I was back in my room. I can't explain it, but something about it feels off,"

"Oh," Sky looks away while biting onto her nail. Ash comes back from her bedroom with a small purse and it was full or who knows what is in that small purse. The two older sisters laugh and brought their little sister to the movies to watch Despicable Me 3.

~ ~ ~

The girls came out of the movie theatre and it was near sunset. Ash was jumping around talking about the whole movie like she was reciting the movie that starred only her as every actor in the movie.

"And that part when Gru and Dru were riding along the sides of - AH! It was just awesome!" Ash screamed in between her statement.

Blake was going to reply to her little sister's statement but she got a phone call. She brings it out and got a phone from Claire. Blake wanted to ignore it but she deiced to answer it, what she received on the other line was music playing loudly in the background, overlapping conversations and cheering in the background. Blake moves the phone away from her ear after hearing that.

'Blake, I need your help, NotEnrique is throwing a troll party at my house and Mary and Darci are coming soon. Please, Blake, I need your help!' Claire begs on the other line.

"I'm sorry, Claire, I wish I could but my schedule is full," Blake ends the call before Claire could say anything else.

"Your schedule is not full," Sky suddenly says.

Blake shrugs, right after she put her phone in her jacket pocket she got another call, she groans and has a call from Jim. Yet again, she got another request for help but Blake said the same thing for Claire, "... that's a hint, by the way, my schedule is FULL," she enunciates the last word for Jim. She didn't want to walk all the way to Trollmarket and help him - she's lazy.

The rest of the day Blake hung out with her family. She helped her mother to wash the dishes while they made jokes and talk about her past that was funny to her mother. Blake loved her mother, she was very kind, understanding, and supporting and works very hard to raise her family. Blake saw her as a role model in her life.

Blake talked with Sky, her older sister by four years, she's graduated from college and already has a job and a boyfriend that she loves. Mostly, Blake only saw her as her family therapist, but she does see her as a best friend.

Ash, the little sister who was mighty and fierce, even though she was overprotective for Blake's safety, friends, and boyfriends - that was her job since she was the youngest. Blake played with her video games such as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and more racing and fighting games.

At least one day off was enough to get away from everything that she had on her shoulders. Saving troll kind from Gunmar, answering calls, and keeping the Killahead closed.

Jim and Claire was able to do their problems on their own. Blake was glad that they can do it without any help from her.