62 - Merlin's Preparations

[ Beware: this chapter is over 2000+ words so it may be really long. Make sure to take a break in between to refresh your eyes! ~FiatheDemon ]

Morning came by quickly. Blake felt relieved after taking a proper night's rest and after using all of her energy on that thing. She looks outside of the window and saw the sun coming up and then glanced at the clock, it was 6:30 in the morning. Blake groans and gets out of Jim's bed. She fixes the blanket and sheets. Once she was finished fixing Jim's bedroom that she borrowed, Blake heads downstairs and her nose sniffed an aroma. It made her mouth drool.

"Oh, hey, Blake! My mom told me everything about what happened, is everything okay now?" Jim questioned as he brings plates of omelets to Claire and Toby in the living room.

"Uh, yeah, the purple flames really takes a lot of energy out of me--"

"Midnight's Flame is what it's called," Merlin cuts Blake off. Blake gasped. She couldn't believe that the wizard and creator of both amulets are in Jim's house.

Blake couldn't say anything, "I had no idea..." but she knew that she feels nervous about him. She took a few glances at Merlin and saw him eating the omelet that Jim made. He seemed to enjoy Jim's omelet.

"It's been centuries since I've eaten. The metal face here was lucky I didn't eat him back in the cave," Merlin proclaims as he pointed at Toby. Toby nervously laughed and asked if it was a joke, "Mm, not really," Merlin bluntly answers. He sets down the fork and gets up from the chair, "time is of the essence. Take me to the nearest blacksmith at once," Merlin demands. All of them looked at him but they all obliged.

Jim leads him to the garage and told him what they had inside. He just hoped it was enough for whatever Merlin was going to make.

"What are you making exactly?" Blake questioned out of curiosity.

"It's none of your concern," Merlin states coldly, he pauses and looks around the garage, "no Forge? No grindstone? Not even a bellows?" Merlin questioned.

"No..." Toby answered awkwardly, "but Jimbo does have a garage door," he goes toward the switch and began to open the garage door and open. Stating exactly what it does. Open and closes. As Toby closes it once more. Merlin sighs and had to work with what they had in store for now.

"When you said you put a safeguard, how long do safeguards typically guard safely?" Claire questioned nervously. Toby wondered the same thing, wondering if it would take weeks or years.

"Depends on Gunmar's cleverness, a few hours," Merlin answers. Everyone suddenly got worried about the time they have but they still have hope since they have Merlin on their team now until he stated he lost most of his magic to banish Morgana. Merlin turns toward the Trollhunters, "I need you to acquire a few items first,"

"What items? I'm sure it won't be too difficult to gather," Jim asks with a comment.

Merlin asked for a quill so he can write it down. Blake sighs in annoyance slightly, "I'm sorry, but we're out of a quill. Can you tell us the items we need and we can test it," Blake says? Merlin exhales but he does what Blake suggested.

They set out to find the items on the list. An Antramonstrum Shell, a femur of a changeling, and... lightning in a bottle. The Trollhunters knew how to get the first two but lightning in a bottle. That's going to be difficult for the Trollhunters to get since the weather is clear and a cloud isn't in sight at all.

"Hey, Blakey~" A girl with maroon hair and dark brown eyes leapt onto Blake's back. Blake grunted and looked behind her, "it's been a while, like childhood, right?" They questioned with glee.