22. Hoseok

Everything was ready. Yoongi has set up the baby's side of the room. He had a white crib with a matching dresser and changing table. A couple stuffed animals where set on top of the dresser. All were gifts from his and Jimin's friends. The dresser was filled with tiny little outfits ranging from new born to five months. He had several boxes of diapers since he knew he would need a lot of them.

Downstairs in the kitchen were her bottles and formula that she would be using. All disinfect and ready. His parents had even bought her a high chair for when she was old enough to sit up and eat. Yoongi had set up her car seat in his car already to go for when she could go home from the hospital. He even had that sticker on his back window that said 'baby on board'. He had everything he would need for her now all that was left was her.

But she didn't seem to want to come. Jimin was two weeks overdue. The baby had dropped meaning it could be any minute now but so far nothing.

At this point Jimin was really big. He felt like he had a beach ball under his shirt. Walking was no longer a thing for him. He felt like a penguin as he waddled everywhere he went.

Yoongi was constantly having to help him stand up from the couch and help him down the stairs. Since Jimin couldn't reach his feet anymore it was up to Yoongi to help him put on shoes as well.

The poor boy has cried over the pain he felt on his hips and lower back numerous times. Yoongi couldn't do much other than give him a massage. Yoongi knew the younger felt miserable but he never said anything.

Since the baby would literally come at any moment Yoongi had his phone glued to his hands at every moment of the day. For every noise his phone made he was quick to check if it was a text or call from Jimin. Yoongi was terrified to miss the call that said Jimin would go into labor.

Everyday for the last week Yoongi and Jimin had been trying old wives tales to try and induce labor.

They ate all kinds of spicy food. Ranging from all types of intensities but all it ever seemed to do was give Jimin heartburn. They tried exercising. They went on long walks, yoga, anything that Jimin could do. Yoongi would drive Jimin down bumpy roads because they read it helped. Yoongi's mother even took the younger to do acupuncture. They tried almost everything but nothing seemed to work.

-

"What about sex?" Yoongi stared at his best friend. "Don't look at me like that. I'm serious."

"Hoseok shut up." Yoongi mumbled shaking his head.

"I'm serious! It works." Hoseok insists. "Something about chemicals in the brain." He shrugged.

"How would you know?" Yoongi squinted his eyes at the younger.

Hoseok just stared at Yoongi with the blank stare. "Cause I went through that."

Yoongi looked down at his hands. "Sorry I forgot." They stayed quiet for a moment until Yoongi asked, "how is he?"

The younger gave a sad smile "he's okay. His birthday was last week. My aunt and uncle threw him a birthday party."

-

What only few knew was that Hoseok's aunt and uncle had adopted the boy's son. The teen's aunt was never able to have kids so when they heard of Hoseok's situation they offered to adopt the baby. Hoseok and Soomin of course immediately accepted. They wanted their child to have a happy life and Hoseok knew his aunt and uncle would provide just that. Hoseok has only seen him a couple times since giving him away but Soomin never wanted to see him, not even when he was born.

-

"Did you go?" Yoongi watched as Hoseok shook his head.

"I couldn't. It's just so weird to me. I can't just go and pretend he's my cousin. My mom showed me pictures and he looks so much like me it's crazy." Yoongi watched as his best friend's eyes watered. Hoseok wipes his eyes and in a blink of an eye he had a smirk planted on his face.

"So sex. Trust me it works. Win win situation. You get laid and Jimin has the baby." Yoongi shook his head but didn't mention how his friend was trying to cover up his emotions.

Later that day when Yoongi got home he walked into his bedroom to find Jimin laying in bed with a bowl of fruit balanced on his round belly; a random show was playing on the tv.

"Anything?" Yoongi asked throwing his backpack on the floor.

"Nope. Not even Braxton Hicks." Jimin sighed. Yoongi went over to lay next to him. "It's fine I'll just have to keep trying those tricks. Maybe we could go walk later."

Yoongi thought back to Hoseok. Even though his friend never said it out loud Yoongi knew he was still hurting. Hoseok is lucky enough to still have him in the family and be able to see him whenever he could.

But he wondered about Jimin. Jimin wouldn't have the opportunity to see her whenever he wanted. If Jimin really leaves and decides he wants nothing to do with her than that was it. He will no longer see her. He won't see who she looks more like. He won't see how tall she'll be. Or if she'll be shy or outgoing. If she'll be athletic. He won't ever know her.

In just a couple days Jimin will have nothing to do with her. Yoongi will never understand how he was okay with that.

_____________________________________

Can you tell I have writers block?

Ahah this chapter was shitty so apologies. I've been going though some health problems so I haven't really had much energy to write so I just wrote most of this today so sorry.

Also if I were to write another yoonmin fanfic would you read?