Saturday Night

Previously: Miku and Rin saw Len at the grocery store and now Rin is going to his house. Along with Miku going to the arcade with Kaito.

Miku's POV:

It's now 7:55 pm. I was now waiting at the same bus stop where Rin and I were at earlier. I didn't mention this but earlier, I texted Kaito if we could meet at the bus stop since I don't know where the arcade was, so that's the reason why I'm here at the bus stop. I was the only one around where I am, with bright street lights, with a few cars and people passing by.

I hope things would be ok for Rin and Len, lately I've been thinking about what happened this afternoon at the store, have positive thoughts and things will go out smoothly. I heard footsteps coming from my right, as I turned around, I see a tall, blue haired boy looking at me with a loving smile. A gave a smile back as he was walking towards me. I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Hi." I said happily. "Glad to see you, we're pretty early though." Kaito said. "I didn't want to be in a rush on anything and I thought you could be busy so..." I said. "Yeah me too." I said. As Kaito and I got in the bus, we went down the last seats at the near end, they're weren't many people, only one or two. I sat at the seat near the window and Kaito sat next to me, as we were sitting I can feel my left arm burning up since my arm is next to his.

Kaito started the conversation. "So, you love arcades right? What kinds do you like?" He asked. "Well, anything really. As long as they're fun, but if I have to choose, it would be..." I though for a bit. "...Pac-Man. N-No! Donkey Kong! Wait...!" Kaito started laughing. "I can tell that you have lots of favorites!" Kaito said. "Yeah, I've been playing arcades for a while so it's hard to choose one." I said. "You must really love arcades ha ha." Kaito said.

"I do, I've played games in arcades since I was 6...or 9. I remember this time when my brother and I would go to this arcade at our old home, we go there every weekend. They're was a stage with animal mascots who play songs, games that were filled almost the whole building, foods, and prizes you could win. Oh! There was also this playing area you can get in where there are tunnels and slides." I explained.

"But then, the place closed down because they're having less people." I added. "Oh, that place sounds cool! I feel like I've went to an arcade something like what you described. It must've been nice to have some time with your brother." Kaito said. "Yeah." I said quietly. "Maybe you and your brother can go to the new arcade." "Yeah, but I don't think my brother would have time, he has been busy so we don't really have much time together as we used to." I said.

"Someday he would." Kaito said. I gave a nod. As we made it to the arcade, I looked at the building itself, it had neon lights around and had the title "Bill's Arcade". When Kaito and I went inside the arcade, it was almost the exact same as the old arcade that closed down...but with more games! The colors on the arcade games have neon blue and purple and around the place itself, there was an area where you can get food, one where you can get prizes, and just like what Kaito said, in the main part of the place, there's a huge skating station with bunch of people skating.

"Woah!" I was in complete shock! "What do you think?" Kaito asked. "This place looks...awesome! They're so many games that I want to try!" I said. I walked up and looked at the games around me...I don't even know which game I should start. "I'll get the coins so we can play." Kaito said. "Ok!" I said cheerfully.

.      .      .

For the whole night, Kaito and I were playing all the games in the arcade together, we were about to go skating but I told Kaito that I cannot skate, so then we got some pizza. Now, we were eating pizza at one of the seats. "The arcade has so many great games, even more than my last arcade! I had such a fun time!" I said happily. Kaito had pizza in his mouth so he gave a smile, as I looked behind from Kaito, I saw a stuffed animal crane machine with lots of adorable animals, I was amazed and wanted to try it, but I don't have any more money to get more coins.

Kaito saw my expression and he looked at the same direction where I was looking from. "They even have a crane machine!" I said. "Yeah, it's an arcade after all!" Kaito said with a laugh. I walked up to the crane machine and looked through the window to see the plushies. "I think you should give it a go!" Kaito said. "I wish, I'm all out of coins." I said. I saw Kaito's hand with a coin and I looked up a him. "Here, I have a few more coins left." Kaito said with a smile. I think he's even blushing a bit...

I toke the coin from Kaito's hand then smiled and said thanks. When I moved to the crane to the animal I want, the crane was closed to getting it. Kaito handed me another coin....I didn't get it. Third time...nope.

I felt like I should keep on trying but at the same time, I feel like I should just give up. I don't wanna seem too desperate and I don't want Kaito to spend his money just for me. I looked back at Kaito and he was just thinking of how to get the animal. "I'll get more coins." He said. "Wait no! You don't have to, it's just a toy." I said. On the outside, I didn't want to care much for the plush but on the inside,....I really want that plushie.

"Don't worry, it's fine." Kaito said happily. He then walked away to get some more coins, when he came back, he bought 7 more coins. I can't believe Kaito would buy more coins...just for me. I know it's only 7 coins but...he doesn't have to pay for me.

I used 5 coins so far and I didn't even get one. We have 2 coins left and we each used one. I gave it one more go and still nothing!!! Kaito wanted to give it a try, so he's our only hope. As we was moving the crane around, he was thinking of what he should do, he looked a little intense while he was playing but for a few seconds, he got the plushie!

When Kaito got the plushie out of the machine, he gave to me. I was so happy to finally get it, the plushie was a white panda with teal circles around both of it's eyes and a teal circle on the tummy. "Thank you Kaito!" I said full of excitement. "No prob!" Kaito said happily.

It was now 9:50, I didn't felt like going home yet and neither did Kaito. I looked at the skating station which now hasn't had as much people as before. "Are you sure you don't want to try?" Kaito asked. "I'm really bad at skating, I'm not even kidding. I've never even skated before." I said. "I can teach you, I've skated before and there's not a lot of people right now so no need to be embarrassed if you mess up." Kaito said. I hesitated for a bit, I really don't know if I can do this but since Kaito asked. "Ok..." I said.

We wear on some shoes that we borrowed from the arcade and started going in the skating rink. As we were getting in the rink I felt more butterflies than before, I feel like I'm regretting this. The floor felt slippery that I can't even stand straight, right now I'll be falling if I wasn't holding on to Kaito's arm. Wait what!?

I didn't realize until now that I was holding to Kaito's arm the whole time, I started to blush but I didn't let go because I know for a fact, I'll fall straight from the floor. Kaito stopped skating and slowly removed my arms. "Don't worry, I'll catch you if you going to fall." Kaito said. I slowly let go of the arm and like that, I quickly fell to the floor on my back. Well almost.

Kaito caught me with my right hand, he picked me up and hold my hand. My cheeks began to get warmer, I looked up and see Kaito just smiling and blushing a bit too. The song from the arcade started playing the song "A Thousand Years" and as the song played, Kaito slowly moved forward and then I did.

It had been 3 minutes that we're doing this and I actually got the hang of it, it felt fun to skate with Kaito. And his hands are so big yet soft and warm. It was now 10:05 and we were finished skating and we're ready to go home. "Skating is fun!" I said. "Told you that you can skate, you just need to have more confidence in yourself." Kaito said. "Yeah!" I said. We were walking out while I was looking at my plushie until I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I said, I looked up to see which appears to be.......

Meiko.

Cliffhanger!

Ok so, this chapter was originally about the arcade hangout AND Len's story but I didn't want this whole chapter to be really long, so the next would be part of the arcade and about Rin and Len.