Brother and Sister Bond (pt 3)

Previously: Miku met Gumi at Liza's Garden and starts helping out around the store.

Miku's POV:
After Mikuo and I have looked at the rainbow isle for a while, we went back to work. Mikuo was at the cash register while I was organizing the foods onto different shelves. Things were going normal, nothing much happened. Gumi left soon after getting everything she wanted and needed, basically vegetables.

As I was getting the next crate of foods to put up, I heard footsteps coming towards me, as they slowly get closer I looked up, and the person quickly walked away and went past me. I assumed that the person was going to ask for my help but was too shy. After she walked past me, I looked at her from behind, the girl had long, low tied lavender pigtails from the front, while the back is cut short. She was wearing a black rabbit hoodie with jean shorts and purple sneakers.

The girl was looking through, left to right, over then under the isles. It looked like she was looking for something. Maybe I could help her for whatever she's looking for, maybe she's looking for a certain type of food.

I finished putting up all of the items onto the shelves and casually walked to the lavender haired girl. When I reached up to her, I gently gave her a tap on her shoulder. The girl got startled by my tap and quickly turned around and saw me.

"H-Hey, sorry that I scared you, are you looking for something? I can help you find what you're looking for if you'd like." I said happily.

"N-No it's o-ok, y-you're fine...." she responded in a quiet, soft voice. "U-Um...w-well it's not exactly s-something I n-need from the s-store.." she gave a small chuckle and had a tint of blush on her cheeks. I didn't understand what she meant by that. "Hm?" I said.

"I-I'm looking for my cat...I w-went outside with h-him and he ran into this s-store..I can't find him anywhere..." she responded. "Awww~" I just absolutely love cats! They're just so cute! "D-Don't worry, we'll find your cat, how does he look like?" I asked. "W-Well...he's very small..his fur is a peachy k-kind of color, and his collar is blue l-like his eyes."

"Aww!" I squealed happily and held my hands together. The girl jumped a little after she heard my squeal. "S-Sorry! Let's get looking for your cat!" I said. The girl nodded and then we started searching around the isle we were currently in.

.       .       .

After looking for a few hours, there was still no sign of the cat. As the two of us were searching, Mikuo noticed and went up to me to see what was going on. "Hey, Meeks, you ok? You've been wondering around the store for a while. Did you lost something? Someone is taking over my place right now so I can help you out." He said. "There's a customer that's cat ran into here missing, and we haven't seen him." I explained. "Oh no...I can search around if you'd like."

"Sure, maybe you can find something, but I've looked throughout most of the store so you might find the cat anyway." I said. My brother nodded and started searching along with us.

Throughout, we looked in the isles, we looked through the shopping cart section, the bathroom stalls...basically everywhere. Lastly, the girl and I are looking on each side of the store, she's looking around the front of the store while I'm looking at the back. No luck...

After that, Mikuo asked the girl if it was alright if he made an announcement to the store about the missing cat, which she was ok with. So he made an announcement using one of the microphones that's on the cash register. "Hello all customers, there is a missing cat that missing in this store and we'll like some assistance on if you've seen the animal. The animal is a small cat with peachy fur, blue eyes, and wears a blue collar, please let us know if you've find the missing animal and bring the cat to us." Mikuo said through the microphone.

A few customers were looking at me and the lavender girl, I looked somewhere else to not make things awkward while the girl shyly looked away, not liking the customers looking at her. After the announcement, some of the customers looked around the store and haven't found it. Two security officers heard the announcement and tried looking for the animal as well, even outside of the store.

At this point, the store was about to close. After searching, the security officer hasn't found anything, but said that he'll let us know if he found the cat by having our contact numbers. "I-Is it ok if we.. can l-look again?" The lavender girl asked. "I'm sorry ma'am, but the store's about to close, we don't allow any customers in the store after it's time to close." The security guy explained. "Plus, we already looked around the store many times now."

The girl had a sad, worried look on her face and looked down at the floor. "O-Ok.....thanks for the help..." the girl responded. The officer nodded and went on his way. After he left, her eyes look like they were at the verge of crying. I went to her and give her a soft, gentle hug. "It's going to be ok...we'll find your cat, I can feel it. We just...need to hold on." I said as I was comforting her.

I felt the girl nodded as she laid her head on my shoulder while she was hugging me back. After that, we gave each other our contacts in case anything happened with the cat, then the girl slowly walked away out of the store.

I felt really bad for her, I hope she'll find her cat...

As I watched her left, I felt a hand on my right shoulder, I looked to see that it's my brother. "Don't worry, we'll find that cat, we'll just keep looking. While we're busy with anything, we can continue looking." Mikuo smiled. I smiled back and nodded in agreement.

A/N: So, because of the long update on this book, I'm making a fourth part of this chapter (I know! This chapter has many parts!), the reason why this toke so long to get published is because I made a lot of changes to the story plot of Brother and Sister Bond (and I still am), and if you haven't read my announcement, I had writer's block and I didn't know exactly what to do with the storyline of this chapter. I know that this chapter didn't really have much of a Miku and Mikuo bond going on but Im trying to get what I got and possibly in the future, I'll have some more ideas with their connection. I also haven't been really motivated to continue writing the story because of my writer's block, and I tend to get distracted on more of my art than my fanfic. I'm also been going through some things which I'm still trying to deal with now. I'm truly sorry for my long absence and the long update on this chapter, I can't guarantee that I'll be more active, but I'll definitely continue this book, since many of you seem to love it which I'm thankful of ^//^. So...yeah. Thank you for your patience, hope you all are doing well and staying safe! -Ninja

Also (if not obvious lol) I changed to a new book cover! Might change it back if possible but I don't think that'll happen lol