Brother and Sister Bond (pt 1)

Previously: Rin told Miku what was going on with Len

Miku's POV:

It was now Sunday in the morning, I was in my room going through my phone looking at cute animal videos, I always love watching animal videos especially baby animal videos! Although the day felt pretty slow, I didn't have anything to do, I finished all my homework and even have time to clean my room (I usually don't have time to clean my room).

Even all of my friends are busy with something, Luka's working at her job, Gumi and Teto went to the movies, and Kaito...I want to talk to him but the things is that I'm too shy. Finally, Rin is dealing with Len on some things, I really hope they are ok.

I felt hungry so I walked downstairs to get a little snack, as I was at the fridge to get a leek, I saw Mikuo in the living room on the couch on his phone. I went to the living room and sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. "What's up Leeks?" Mikuo asked. I felt his hand on my head "I'm bored." I respond. I heard a chuckle from my brother.

"What about you puppy videos?" Mikuo said.

"I already watched most of them."

"Ooo, I didn't know you were getting over those videos so soon."

"NO WAY! I would never! Puppies are the death to me, I will never be sick of puppies."

"Ha ha, I'm not saying that you don't have to get rid of your love of puppies, I'm just happy you're taking a rest from watching the same video over and over."

I gave out a chuckle. "Wait a minute, aren't you supposed to be at work?" I asked. "Yeah, I even have to get there in a few minutes." Mikuo responded. "But aren't you really late?" I asked. "Don't worry, I get to go to work around noon today." Mikuo said.

I haven't really thought about this for a long time but what is Mikuo's job anyway? Where does he work at? What's his image? A boss, an employee? Is the job easy? He doesn't told me much about his job. "Where do you work at anyway?" I asked. "Oh I didn't told you? I work at a garden, where you grow new plants and vegetables and sell them to people." Mikuo explained.

"Wow! Really?!" I asked in excitement. "Ha ha yeah, it's nice to work on a garden especially on a sunny day. And what I like about it is that I always meet new people." Mikuo said. I love the job Mikuo works in, so simple and yet so caring to the people and the environment, I heard an alarm that was coming from Mikuo's phone. "Oh that must be my time to get ready, luckily I'm all set." Mikuo said.

  And there he goes..., he already has to go to work while we have such small time together. Sometimes, I really want him to have more day offs, I'm sure he gets tired at times and needs a break. But he's doing this to take care of us and I thank him for that. I watched him as he gets out from his couch and grabbed his bag. He then turned around to see me as he know that I was watching him.

  "Say, how about you come to work with me, I'm sure you'll like it! You normally like the outdoors, helping people, and veggies...mostly leeks." Mikuo said. I let out a giggle at that last part, other than that, working at a garden sounds like so much fun! You get to feel the nice breeze blow on your face while you're planting, you get to make gifts to costumers, and mostly...GROW LEEKS!

  I gave my brother a nod with a huge bright smile on my face. "Sure! I want to go! Sounds fun!" I said cheerfully. "Ok, let's get going!" Mikuo said. After that talk, I grabbed my phone and the two of us got on our way to the garden.

  As we were in the car on the way to the garden, I couldn't stop getting thrilled to get there! I don't know why I'm getting so excited over a garden but I just am! Maybe because I might get to grow leeks, or finally spend some quality time with Mikuo, this is finally our chance to do something together from the past 3 years.

. . .

"We're here!" Mikuo said. After a few moments, we made it to the garden. As the two of us got out of the car and started walking, the first thing I saw was a huge field full of plants and veggies on the left, having people on different places in the field. While the right had a mint green little building which had a little roof with green and white stripes, two windows on each side both having flower bouquets, and a brown door that has a window in the middle.

"It looks cute!" I said cheerfully. Mikuo chuckled a little. When we made it inside the building, it was full of plants as if it were a jungle, and lots of people searching for what they want to get. A lady with pale skin that has her brown hair tied to a bun, a green apron with a brown T-shirt underneath, walked up to us. "Mikuo! You're here so soon, I was expecting you to be late." The lady said. "Not going to lie, I thought so too!" Mikuo responded. The two share a laugh together.

"Oh! And who's this?" The lady turned to look at me with a smile. "Oh this is my sister Miku, she wanted to come along and see how great this place is. Miku, this is my manager, Liza." Mikuo explained. I gave Liza wave. "Your store seems to be famous, look at all these people!" I said amazed. "I know! Who knew that selling plants would become a huge thing? It was not what I was expecting when I first opened up the place." Liza said.

"So how did you get the idea to open a garden?" I asked. "Well, I've always loved planting since I was a child and my dream was to ever open a store, where people can buy flowers and bouquets. And now, just having this work out makes me really happy." Liza said.

  "I'm happy that you accomplish your dream!" I said happily. "Just put your mind to it and your life will be a success!" She said. "Although this wouldn't have happened if it weren't for a special person." There was a bit of blush on her cheeks. For a few seconds, Liza was looking down with a soft smile with a red tint of blush as Mikuo and I were expecting for her to say something.

"A-Anyways, let's get started, I'll get you an apron!" Liza said. Liza happily walked into the closet with all the supplies to get my clothes and Mikuo was already starting to work.

.           .           .

    So far, the job's been super easy, my job was to plant a few vegetables and help costumers, and all the costumers I acquired were really nice. It's was 3:49 pm, I was cleaning the counter while Liza and Mikuo were talking with other customers. Then I heard the bell that was hanging from the entrance door. "Hi, is this 'Liza's Garden'?"

Wait that voice sounds familiar...

I CANT BELIEVE I ONLY POSTED ONE CHAPTER IN THE SUMMER!!

Originally this was going to be longer but I wanted to keep things short so this chapter is going to have two parts. This chapter toke a while to post because I had a bit of trouble on how the story will go. I was also busy (and procrastinated for a bit srry)