Chapter 42~ Battle of Bastards

Margaery's POV;

Margaery had not seen the Queen before her, she had not known her in any physical way, yet stories about her swirled around the castle like air itself. 

The things that she heard had only been written in the stories, great women leading and ruling, having their own reign... Now there were two of them. One in Essos, and one in the Seven Kingdoms, both with dragons. 

"Did you know Helena?" Margaery asked Tommen as she looked out the balcony. The stars were shining quite clear tonight and the air was breezing over her naked body like soft feathers. Tommen laid in bed, such a sweet and innocent boy. 

He was a wise King, Margaery admitted, however he was also somewhat dumb. Although, Margaery did not mind his kindness. 

"Yes, I knew her quite well. So did Myrcella. Mother disliked her, however." Tommen said, which was quite obvious to Margaery. Cersei disliked her as well and she wasn't a Stark nor a Targaryen. 

"What was she like? Was she as brave as they say?" 

Tommen sat up on the bed, looking at her with concern. "I never had eyes for Helena-"

"Oh, no, no, my love!" Margaery said and touched his face, kissing his cheek softly. "I've just heard so much about her and I want to know. I am a very curious woman." 

"I remember arriving at Winterfell for the first time, seeing Helena with her unusual eyes. She was very beautiful, probably one of the most beautiful girls any man would see. Father said so himself, that her beauty could cause a war. She had violet eyes, illuminating ones, and her hair was as black as the night itself yet she was so fragile."

Margaery had a picture in her head. Sometimes, when Joffrey was still alive, he would often get lost in his thoughts. Sometimes, while talking to Margaery he had called her Helena and he even whispered her name at night. Joffrey said he hated her, but Margaery knew deep in her heart that he did not. 

"I never thought of Helena as a fighter," Tommen said. "She was always so kind and thoughtful. Sometimes I saw her getting up early in the morning with a sword in her hand, so I followed her.. She was practicing with one of her men, and each day she got better-"

"She trained at the castle?" 

Tommen's eyes shot up as if he had said something terrible. "I..Eh..."

"Oh, my love, don't worry!" Margaery smiled kindly. "I won't tell anyone, but why haven't you?" Tommen looked at her with almost sad eyes, shaking his head. 

"I knew that she needed the training." he said sadly. "I did not want Helena to get hurt, but in the end she did get hurt. All because of Joffrey." Margaery noticed the small little hatred in his voice. 

She took a hold of his hand. "Did you approve of what Joffrey did to Helena?"

Tommen shook his head, almost violently. "He killed her father and her septa, he killed their son and commanded his men to rape her, then he tried to burn her body in her chambers." 

"What?" This was something Margaery did not know at all.  She knew he commanded death upon Eddard Stark, she knew that he killed their child together, but the rest was a shock. 

"Joffrey was cruel, he did not care that she was his wife, his Queen. He commanded his men to burn her body, but she survived it because she is a Targaryen." 

Targaryen...

Margaery did not know Helena, had never met her, yet she had somewhat respect for what this girl had gone through. She had gotten her revenge, she killed Joffrey and she has two dragons and an entire army.  Of course, Margaery had seen her at her own wedding, but she wanted to meet her officially.