Chapter 79~ Betrayal

The city was rebuilding. It took time, but less than she has expected.

Helena walked around the city everyday, seeing some survivors who recognized her. She was more than happy to see people alive and trying to make a new life despite all their losses.

Arya was walking alongside her, dressed as she always is. Leather pants and a very thin coat on her made out of leather. Helena, however, was dressed in a thin white satin fabric dress, the arms quite tight such as the waist. It was the only thing she could wear since her clothes had fully gone to waste.

"You look like you used to before you became a-"

"A murderer?" Helena sighed out as she went to one of the stands in the middle town? Filled with greens and all sorts of goods. Helena approaches the woman by the stand, greeting her with a smile. The woman smiled back, clearly thrilled.

"You're not a murderer," Arya said, as if trying to make her realize that. "But she is."

Helena put down the apple she was holding, knowing that her sister would say something like that.

"She's taken lives, maybe they didn't deserve it... But so have I. And you."

"But they deserved it."

"And who are you to judge that?" She was calm, not even irritated, just... shocked that her little sister, her sweet little Arya, had become this person.

"If I could go back in time and change the fact that I wield the most absurd power, the power to take lives, then I would change that."

"But you've always wanted to fight and-"

"I wanted to know how to defend myself." Helena said as she was walking. "I came from nothing. I was a bastard, a nobody... people didn't like me, they despised me. From being nothing to marrying a prince, finding out I'm a Targaryen and not a bastard at all but in fact the heir to the iron throne. And here we are, after two wars with people that suddenly depend on me."

It was a change she never thought would happen. But it did. And it still felt so unrealistic.

"You'd be more fit for a Queen." Arya stood by her words, as expected.

"Jon has a kind heart. He will make a good King and Daenerys will know to obey."

"And you?"

Helena hated to say it. She knew where she came from... a no one. And she didn't just want to be a no one. She was, and always would be, Helena Snow.

At heart, she only knew Helena Snow. Not Elyana Targaryen or Helena Stark.

"The North will be its own kingdom and the North's true king is Damien."

"Helena Stormfire." Arya said which seemed to ring in Helena's head.

Damien last name was Stormfire, a name very different from everything else that she knew of. It was different and also it had a meaning to it. It wasn't just random, it was the meaning of ice being the storm and fire being simply fire.

Helena walked back to the castle that was being rebuilt, something that was happening all so fast and so very well.

And that's when the devil himself came.

"Helena!" Damien was running towards her, looking neutral. He was truly very beautiful and Helena couldn't help but feel so attached to him.

"Hey." She said smiling, awaiting him.

"I... I wanted to talk to you."

"All ears." She responded.

He looked troubled, she could see that. It was like he was trying to find the right words to say before actually opening his mouth, except he didn't. Helena narrowed her eyes and curiously, very suspiciously, went closer to him.