Chapter 61~ The North Remembers

Helena had never felt so powerful for a very long time. Flying on Rhaegar with Stark by her side she felt power surging through her. She was so high in the sky, feeling so free and happy. She hadn't flied for such a long time she had almost forgotten what it was like. 

She could see everything from here, the castle and the whites... It was beautiful. But she could not stay here forever. 

Faster than ever, Rhaegar and Stark both flew down to the ground, seeing Drogon, Viserys and Rhaegal, Dany's dragons. Helena's dragons kept growing, she quickly noticed that Stark was almost bigger than Drogon while Rhaegar was twice as big. 

As they landed, Helena saw everyone that had come for her rescue. Not that she actually needed it. As she got off her dragon, she looked at the others with a worried glance in her eyes. 

"What are you doing here?" Her look was locked on Jon, her beloved twin brother. After all, Helena could not stay mad at him. It was merely impossible to stay mad at someone she loved more than anything or anyone. 

"We've come to get you." Helena looked at Devrys and that's when everything really broke inside of her. She loved this man, she would've done anything for him. That is why she would not hold onto her wrath and anger. She was going to forgive them cause that's what makes a good Queen. 

Forgiveness. 

"You need to go." Helena said to them, trying to sound as convincing as possible. But why didn't she go along with them? Wasn't this what she wanted all along? For them to come and rescue her? To get her out of here? 

"Helena, we can't leave without you." Helena turned to look at Daenerys whom had spoken up, her soft eyes glowing. Helena smiled kindly at her aunt and shook her head. 

"I'm fine," she said, but she wasn't. She wanted to leave. "But it's dangerous for all of you to be here."

"I think it's more dangerous for you to be here." ser Jorah said to her. Helena had not seen him for a long time and he too had sworn to obey her no matter what. His allegiance laid with her, he said. 

However, how was it more dangerous for her? 

"I don't understand how it would be more dangerous for me," she said. "I am marrying the Night King, I'll be the Night Queen. How's that dangerous for me? I'm protecting the living from the dead by doing this."

"That's where you're wrong." Jon had spoken up for the first time, walking closer to her. "Remember what Bran said?" 

She tried to relive the moments but couldn't quite...remember. 

"Coming here brings more danger. No matter what, there will be war and if you go with him the war will only be bigger."

"What?" 

"It will involve other creatures." Arya said calmly. "Creatures that we have no knowledge of how to defeat."

"I don't understand," Helena said. "Why would other creatures be involved? Just because of me betrothing the Night King?"

"Because you're the key to ending their lives." 

"Not entirely true." Helena's eyes shot up and her immediate reaction was to touch her sword, turn around and protectively stand before her family and friends. 

Damien looked at her with something that looked like betrayal or a certain arrogance. 

The dragons reacted just like Helena and immediately stood in a protective position. 

"I wouldn't do that." Damien said to her, encouraging her to lower her guard. "You'd all be dead within seconds if I wished it."

It was true. None of them stood a chance against the dead, maybe not even with the dragons. Helena wanted to leave, her instincts told her to jump on her dragons and fly away to Winterfell. If there was war, then let it come.