Chapter 77~ Destiny is not easy to understand

Thousands of years ago

Damien's POV;

He likes to believe that there was more to it than just...some prophecy or arrangement. Actually, most of the time he felt it.

He wasn't allowed to see her, nor talk to her. It was an arrangement and they've been promised to each other, as every other century with his father and his father before him. It was tradition between Stormfire's and Stark's.

But on that particular day, Damien did not want to wait any longer. He'd been to Winterfell before! He had seen her, but that was a very long time ago. They were merely children then.

Besides, the children of the forest took a liking in her and he just happened to have very good friend that was one. They all lived in harmony, they all talked to each other...

They told him everything about her, of how beautiful she was and how kind and fierce she was.

So Damien couldn't wait, he wanted to see her... And that's what he did. He had climbed up in a tree, hiding there as she was in the forest.

She was the eldest, her younger siblings surrounded her with laughter and joy. And she... she was sitting there on the grass, her wavy,long auburn hair shining as the sun hit her. She had the most vibrant violet eyes and was so beautiful that Damien could not take his eyes off of her.

They said that she was made for greatness, that she was meant for him, that she would conquer the odds that would seem impossible.

She was his destiny.

The young children went further away, playing with each other and laughing... Everytime they made a joyful noise, the girl promised to him smiled. She was enchanting.

But that's when she turned around and her eyes met his.

"You don't have to hide from me." She had seen him. Maybe she'd spotted him all this time? Nonetheless... she probably didn't know who he was, so it was okay.

Damien got down from the tree, looking at her as if she was the only thing he could see. As if everything else around him was just plain dark and she was the only light.

"I was merely...-"

"Watching me?" His betrothed said with the most beautiful smile on her face. "Where do you come from?"

"Not far from here," Damien said politely. "I-"

"I know who you are." She said and smiled, walking closer to him. "The children of the forest told me you'd do something as foolish as this."

"So... do you think it's foolish?"

"I'm glad you did it." Her smile was as bright as the day itself. Damien fell in love with her instantly, he felt so drawn to her.

"What's your name, malady?"

"Runa Stark."

Damien never got to see her again until the big day came, which was years later. The children of the forest told him not to mess with destiny, told him not to take a risk.

They said everything had to fall into place, let it be bad or good causes.

The first time, she died in a battle. In front of him, a blade right through her heart. But she kept coming back every five centuries after her death. To keep the peace between Stark's and Stormfire's they'd have to get married.

And the Starks always offered...her. Her appearance was different every time, but her eyes stayed the same. That's how he knew.

It began to be quite painful. No matter what he did he tried to prevent her death. So after her death, after 500 years, he would be able to see her again and also see her die again.