Chapter 59~ Winter is coming

Devry's POV;

For the first time in forever, he was disappointed in himself. He had carried a sword on him and everything he did with that sword lead to greatness. It lead him to protecting his Queen, his lover. 

It meant that he could be close to her, train her, talk to her, protect her, love her! He had witnessed her at her weakest and grow at her strongest. He thought that as long as he had that sword he could protect her forever. 

But he had failed her. She did not want to see him and that lead to her fleeing away with a King across the North. 

But that sword was something he could not depend on. He couldn't depend on that sword forever. 

"They say not even the dothraki Khalasar wanted to fight you." Devrys turned around and saw the Khaleesi standing inside his room, close to the wooden door. 

He wasn't about to deny it, in Essos Devrys was a feared man with wealth, power and lands. He had that because of his family that had stayed hidden for years in Essos. Not many knew of the Belaerys, they weren't as powerful as the Targaryens when Aegon the Conqueror and his sisters took the Seven Kingdoms. 

"I killed allot of dothraki in Essos," Devrys said. "All because I killed one Khalasar for sleeping with his Khaleesi." Daenerys arched her brow, her face remaining calm as she walked slowly towards him. 

"Aren't you quite the rebel?" 

"I'd like to." Devrys said, a small smirk on his face. That khaleesi had been someone he cared for at the time. He did not love her, but he deeply cared for her. When she died, he felt a pain in his heart. 

"Did you love her?" Daenerys questioned as he shook his head. 

"No." he said, looking down at his hands. "No, I did not love her."

"Cause you love Elyana." 

Somehow, when her name was said, he felt his heart breaking and being torn into pieces. It felt as if someone was taking a hard grasp of his heart, trying to crush it and push it down to his stomach. 

"I would do anything for her." Devrys said. He wasn't sure why he was talking about this with her aunt, but he could not help it. It was like he let himself speak about his feelings for once. 

"Lord Stark paid me to protect her," he said. "But the minute I saw her, the minute I laid my eyes on her, it was like she had taken every right I had. I refused to take the money, even though my house was a vassal of the Targaryens."

"You're the finest knight, why did you not take the money?" 

"I couldn't," he answered. "It felt wrong. It felt wrong to be paid for protecting someone I ought to protect with my life. Elyana isn't just anyone, she is my Queen."

Daenerys was suddenly sitting on the bed right beside him, her hand on his arm. 

"I know what it feels like to lose someone." she said, looking at him. Devrys looked into her eyes and somehow saw her pain. 

"I was forced to kill my husband so that he could rest in peace." 

"Kill?" Devrys questioned. 

"I had no other choice. He was... I'm not sure."

"There is always a choice." Devrys said, looking deeply into her eyes. 

He had never noticed how beautiful eyes she had. They were not like hers, but they were beautiful. They were glowing with something that looked like longing and yet pain. 

Suddenly, without thinking, as the fire from the fireplace was the only thing lit in the room Devrys started to kiss Daenerys. 

Later, one thing lead to another.