Chapter 71- Every time a Targaryen ia born, the Gods flip a coin

It was over for now. The dead were now dead, forever. There would be no more white walkers, no more fear of humanity being wiped away. At least not by them...

Helena was still shocked, she had the strenght to break his neck, to kill him! Without the use of dragon steel or valyrian steel. Arya looked at her, her green eyes big and curious. She and Bran witnessed it, saw the way she broke his neck as if it was a human body.

However, that was not the focus.

Helena's eyes teared up, she felt the tears chocking her as she tried not to cry. However, she could not possibly stop herself as she hugged her little sister. Her little Arya.. She never thought she'd be standing here with Arya, killing the most dangerous creature on earth with her.

"It's over." Helena breathed out, embracing her sister. She turned around and looked at her brother, he looked as fearless as ever, completely unbothered.

"Bran..."

All her life, her goal was to try and be likable. To be someone that other people could look up to, to be just like Robb and go down Jon's path at the Night's Watch. Yet... here she was. Not a bastard whatsoever, not close.

This was the first time Helena felt like she could live up to who she really was and be proud of it.

"We never would've done this without you, Elena." Bran said blankly. Helena couldn't quite focus on what her little brother saying. She was overwhelmed that they were all alive, her siblings were alive.

She had not let down Lady Stark or her father, she had protected them, and they survived the biggest threat by themselves.

She exhaled joyfully as tears started to burn up in her eyes, smiling as they swelled.

"We did it together." She looked at them proudly. "When the snows falls and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives..."

Later

Allot of people had died. Men, women and young girls and boys... Helena knew that they were going to be missed by someone, they were going to scar someone with their death, but she knew their death was not in vain.

They'd avenged them.

Helena walked along the battlefield, seeing how everyone was picking up dead bodies. It was truly a... torturing sight.

She had seen Theon die which broke her heart still. She saw Ser Jorah's dead body... Little lady Lyanna Mormont was dead, a heroic little girl.

"It happens." Helena turned around calmly and saw ser Jamie looking at her, his face dirty and covered in dry blood.

"You can't avoid seeing bodies after a war." It was true, she knew that. But never had she seen so many bodies, so many people that could've been saved if only they'd acted faster and better.

"You can't blame yourself," he said as he walked towards, carefully watching the bodies. "I heard you killed him."

"I had help."

"You still did it." He said, almost as if he had seen a ghost. "I was wrong about you..." Realization seemed to hit him it looked like.

"You risked your life to save the others."

"Anyone in their right state of mind would've done what I did," Helena commented. "Otherwise this would've been a graveyard."

"Thanks to you, it isn't." Jamie modded. "The living has defeated the dead."

Yes, the living had defeated the dead. Yet... Even as Helena walked back to the castle she couldn't help but think about the dead.