Chapter 63~ Like father like daughter

She stood by the door, her head resting on the cold walls as her hands touched the door ever so slightly. For a minute, she thought she ought to react by opening the door. But she'd so very much like to hear the rest of it. 

Well, until he opened the door and she saw her walking by, making a strong eye contact as if she didn't regret anything at all. She knew that Helena had heard everything. 

At Dany left the door opened once again and he walked out. 

Her knight, the man she loved, the man she desired for, the man who had cared for her and protected her. 

He looked at her, his sapphire eyes shining with a certain glimpse of sadness. He just looked at her, unsure of what she'd heard. Helena looked down at her hands and then back at him, not really knowing what to say. 

"Helena..."

"I loved you," she said, quietly. "You should've known that since I first kissed you in Kings Landing. I never did anything else but love you."

"You heard."

"Yes," Helena said quickly, glaring him in the eyes. "I didn't expect that. Not from you, Dev." 

"Helena, I didn't mean to. I can't explain it, it was just stupid-"

"Yes, it was stupid and reckless." He was more than a friend since the first beginning, but suddenly the tables turned. The only friend she had ended up being the only person she could imagine herself with. 

"My father trusted you," Helena reminded him. "I want to trust you. I really do... But I don't think I can."

She was just about to walk away, she had already turned around and felt her heart beat at the core of her chest. 

"Even if you hate me," Devrys said. "You have to take the throne." Helena did not expect him to say that. Out of all things, she did not expect him to say that. She turned around, almost frustrated. 

"I cannot take the throne while being Queen of the bloody dead!" she said to him. "Do you see where I am?"

"If you don't, then more lives will be taken." 

"What does that even mean?" 

"Bran saw it." 

"Bran saw it?" Helena echoed, as if it was a lie. Despite her thinking, she knew when Devrys was lying and this was not it. He was telling the truth and no matter the conditions at this moment, he would not lie to his Queen. 

"There will be a war, Hell. Whether you want it or not, there will be a war." She wanted to persistently object, but if Bran saw it then it probably will most likely happen. 

"I can't do anything, Dev. I am not fit for a Queen either way! The North may think that but truth to be told I think Daenerys will-"

"She will start the war, Helena." he said to her, his eyes pleading for her understanding. "You need to understand that other lives are at stake here and you can stop it."

So many questions were being asked right now in her head and she simply couldn't answer them neither could she ask them. 

"You need to understand why they call you the song of Ice and Fire. You are of two great Houses, Elyana-"

"My name is Helen-" Suddenly Devrys eyes seemed to burn with passion, with a certain determination that she couldn't quite understand. 

"Your name is Elyana Targaryen, daughter of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. You are Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, protector of the realm, Queen of the andals and the first men. The Queen in the North." 

Suddenly, it all came back to her. When Devrys pledged to her, pledged to be her knight and to protect her. Her bodyguard, protector of the rightful Queen. 

"Your brother is pledged to the Nights Watch, Elly. You are the only hope the kingdom has, they still whisper your name in the shadow of Cersei's reign, the North screams your name as their Queen. You are the only obstacle standing in front of Daenerys Targaryen."

Helena shook her head. 

"Yet you slept with my so called enemy."

Daenerys' POV;

She wasn't used to the cold, wasn't used to the bitter winter that the North offered. They were beyond the Wall now, so it was even colder here. However, she didn't hate it. She liked the way the cold softly brushed her peachy cheeks, the way the cold slithered its way onto her fingertips. Nonetheless, this was not her home. 

"The infamous mother of dragons." Daenerys looked behind her, not sure what to do since the voice wasn't slightly welcome in her presence. With that being said, wormtail was not here to protect her and she couldn't fight. Not to mention, she was in his kingdom. 

Daenerys looked at him, not saying a single thing. His gray, cold, almost blue eyes, were enchanting. He himself was very charming, but the closer he got the more she feared him.

"No need to be afraid," the Nights king said to her, smirking.  "Unless my Queen gives the order you won't die."

"What makes you think you can kill me?" 

"Well, for starters, you are mortal." And he was not. "You cannot fight, you do not bear supernatural strength.. Your dragons are your only weapons in my domain but fire cannot kill me."

"So if she would give the command, you'd kill me? Someone you barely know?" she questioned, her heart beating faster. 

"Don't get me wrong," he laughed. "But I know you." 

"I don't recall ever-"

"I never met you directly, no. But I've seen you." he declared. "But I knew your father, a crazy man. I knew him quite well, in fact! He had a gentle heart at first, he was respected and the people loved him to begin with. But I know the look of a crazy person when I see one and the Targaryen's have that in common."

"I'm not my father."

"Oh, but you are." he smirked, almost laughing, as if mocking her ironically. "Your only real goal is the Iron Throne, your goals is to... how was it? Tear down their stone houses? Make your peoples enemies scream? As far as I recall, you've got that exact same look. You're driven by power." 

"I only want to protect my people."

"Well, I'm not the one who needs convincing." he said ironically. "You think you know whats good so you just act upon what you think is best! Now, if that isn't crazy, then I don't know what is."

"You kidnapped your Queen, you... you almost started a war between the living and the dead!"

"I have my reasons," the Nights King said, snow falling on his face, melting just as quickly. "I didn't chose to be born a King and I don't deny the fact that I'm evil. However, crazy is the wrong term to define me." 

Daenerys looked at him, feeling the blood boil up inside her. He had just offended her without the slightest signs of regret. He was completely honest and it irritated her. She was not like her father, she simply wasn't! She knew what her father was like, heard the stories about him...

She was not like him. 

"Damien." 

And there she was. 

The only one standing in her way, the only one who could take her throne away...

"Helena."