Prologue

Beam was currently in the middle of maths class. It was only 3 days until his 17th birthday, 3 days until he hopefully finds his mate. You see Beam was not your average person he was in fact a werewolf. He was an omega at 5'6, short brown hair, dark brown eyes, silky smooth skin. His wolf was just above the size of an average wolf and his fur matched his hair to a tee. Unlike some other packs Beam wasn't treated differently. In the Blue Lagoon pack all wolfs were treated with respect and dignity, each playing a very important role in helping the pack run smoothly. His two best friends were Kit and Pha. Kit was also an omega like Beam but Pha was the soon to be Alpha of his pack, once he found his mate. 

Unbeknown to everyone, especially his best friends, Pha had a massive crush on Beam. It all started when they were 12 years old and Beam had his first shift. Ever since then Pha has wished that Beam could be his mate but was severely disappointed on his 17th birthday. You will be able to find your mate once you hit 17, even if your mate isn't of age yet, the only problem is your mate won't be able to feel the mating pull till they reach 17. Now Pha could of easily told Beam they were mates when he turned 17 and tried to claim him. You see once a wolf marks someone else, whether it is their mate or not, the mark can only be undone by an elder and only if both wolves agree. Beam however wasn't the one to jump into bed with just anyone, he wanted to wait until his 17th birthday and then find his true mate. Unlike most wolves, Beam kept himself pure for his mate. He doesn't expect his mate to be as faithful as he is but he wouldn't hold it against them.

Although Beam could just as easily get a female as his mate he hoped and prayed for a male since he was most definitely gay. He first learned he was attracted to guys when he was 13. He thought his friends and family would turn on him if they ever knew but he was welcomed with open arms. Pha was happy to learn Beam was gay because it would be easy for him to accept them as mates. When Pha discovered that Beam wasn't his mate he was beyond heartbroken. He has only ever loved one person in his life, not that it stopped him from sleeping with any male or female he chose, and couldn't bear the thought of Beam in the arms of another.

Despite Beam keeping himself pure for his mate other werewolves, not only from his pack but other neighbouring packs as well, tried to mate with Beam. One wolf went so far as to drug Beam while at a party and if Pha hadn't of walked in on them Beam would of been marked by some stranger from another pack. Pha was furious and since that day doesn't allow anyone near Beam or even Kit for that matter. Beam was such a rare beauty that many girls were jealous of his looks and many guys prayed he would be their mate only to end up disappointed. 

As Beam's birthday drew nearer Pha got even more worried. He needed to find a way to make Beam his mate. As he read through some of the old books in the library he found one that said witches had the ability to create a potion to create a fake mate spell. 2 people had to drink the potion in order for the spell to work. It would make a false scent and aroma so that both people would think they were mates when in fact it was nothing more than an illusion. It was a very dangerous potion and in the past caused quite an uproar that the werewolf council banned the use of it. 

Pha knew it was risky but his love for Beam was just too much to ever give up on. So he conspired with a witch nearby and had that potion made. On the night of Beam's 17th he would spike his drink and take his half of the potion so that Beam would be drawn to him. By the time the spell wore off it would be too late and Beam would be his forever. If Pha got caught he would not only lose his alpha title but would be sent to the council for trial so he set up a scapegoat, someone to take the fall if the truth ever came out. 

As the days got closer and closer Pha couldn't keep the worry off his face. He barely ate, slept and spent most of his free time training. Everything had to be perfect if he was going to make Beam his and nothing could stand in his way. What he didn't count on was Beam finding his true mate before he could enact his plan. Pha hadn't expected Beam's mate to show up so quickly and ruin his whole plan. All his hard work was about to go up in smokes. 

So back to maths class. Beam was just sitting in class pondering about his birthday. Would his mate be in his own pack, part of a neighbouring pack or maybe in a completely different country. He was partly excited and nervous. What if his mate didn't want him, or worse what if his mate was tired of waiting and already mated with someone else. It was known to happen on the rare occasion that a werewolf would get tired of waiting for their mate so they find someone else to mate with. Beam was on edge the entire day. 

The only thing that peaked his interested was the news about the Silent Moon pack. They were one of best packs in all of Thailand and were relocating to their area. There was about 500 wolves coming and their kids would be joining the same school as his own pack. They would be here the day of his birthday. Beam just prayed he wouldn't get bullied. Although no one from his pack or any neighbouring packs picked on him he couldn't be sure the new edition wouldn't. Not all packs were as caring and accepting of omegas or gay werewolves and he didn't know where this new pack stood but boy was he about to find out. This new pack, or should I say the new soon to be alpha, was about to shake up Beam's life.