Finding My Mate

It was 7:30am and Beam was both nervous and excited. Today was his 17th birthday which meant he would be able to sense his mate. He only hoped it was a boy, not that he wouldn't accept his mate if they were female it's just that he was gay and would feel more comfortable with a male mate. He waited outside by Kit's car, as Kit was still getting himself ready for the day, wondering if he would find his mate today. He was fairly confident as tonight there would be a massive party and all the 5 neighbouring packs were invited including the Silver Moon pack, well all the mateless wolves were invited as well as a few other important people.

Normally Pha would be joining them on their way to school but his mother, the luna, had stated that Pha left early to help some teachers out. This wasn't unusual for Pha so Beam didn't bother to question it. Truth be told Pha was avoiding Beam on purpose. If Beam got even a small whiff of Pha he would know in an instance they were not mates and his whole plan would be ruined. He just had to stay away until tonight when he would slip Beam the potion and let nature take its course. 

Beam was starting to get impatient, not wanting to be late to school, when Kit finally ran out of the house and towards the car. They were soon headed off towards school, which was only a 5 minute drive from their house anyway. "So are you excited to meet your mate?" Kit asked Beam a little sourly. Kit had turned 17 4 months ago and has yet to find his mate. Although he was "straight" he would accept his mate male or female. Beam took a moment before responding "I'm a little nervous. I mean I might not even meet them today or even for a few years but when ever it does happen I'll be there with open arms."

As they pulled up outside of school Beam was welcomed with over a dozen happy birthdays and a few small hugs. If Pha was anywhere nearby no one would of dared touched Beam. They all knew how protective Pha was of his two friends, especially Beam. Some even began to wonder if perhaps Beam was Pha's mate but until Beam's birthday they would never know for sure. Each one wished they could end up as Beam's mate, he was so beautiful that even many women were jealous of his looks. 

As soon as Beam entered the building he was hit with the most intoxicating smell ever. There was a strong, musky with a hint of earth tone, scent that was driving Beam's wolf crazy. He kept repeating over and over again the word mate. Beam couldn't believe it. He had been 17 for only a few hours and, unlike his 2 best friends, had already found his mate. Using his nose he followed the delicious scent through the corridors until he reached the locker rooms. He slowly opened the door only to be hit with the same scent but 10 times more potent. His mate was definitely in here Beam thought to himself. As he entered the room he was pounced on by a very strong and manly wolf. On closer inspection the werewolf was a 6'4, tanned, Greek god like specimen. Beam couldn't help but drool at the sight of his semi naked mate in front of him. 

Beam was standing there just starring at his mate's chiseled chest unaware of anything else around him. He was brought back to reality when he heard a deep, sexy voice speak "What's your name sweetie?" Beam was so nervous he could barely speak but let out a small, audible sound "Beam." "Well nice to meet you Beam my name's Forth" he said confidently. "I can't believe I finally met my mate. I mean I have been waiting for almost 5 months and now here you are right in front of me." Beam was taken aback by Forth's words, they sent a slight shiver down his spine. So far it seemed that his mate wasn't going to reject him and that made his heart jump for joy. With a little more confidence Beam was able to say "I was surprised to find my mate so quickly. You see I just turned 17 today and here you are. My 2 closest friends still haven't found their mates yet." 

You might not be able to tell just by looking at him but Forth was so happy to have found his mate that he couldn't wait to introduce him to his pack. So before long he spoke up once again "Hey Beam how would you like to get out of here? I want to introduce you to my family and let everyone meet the future luna of the Silent Moon Pack." Beam was shocked when Forth had already suggested he meet the family. I mean they had only just met but Forth was already wanting to introduce him as their next luna. He didn't know what to say so he just slowly nodded his head and before you know it Forth had dragged Beam out of the building and towards his motorbike. 

It was only a 15 minute bike ride but soon they had arrived at the Silent Moon pack house and Forth was leading Beam inside. It wasn't even 9am yet so many pack members (who weren't students) were still home, especially his parents. Upon entering the house all eyes were on Forth and the newcomer he had brought with him. Ignoring the looks of the various faces as they walked by Forth lead Beam to the alpha's office where fortunately both his mother and father were inside. He knocked on the door and upon his fathers approval entered the room along with Beam. 

Forth's parents were shocked at this newcomer who had tagged along with their son but they soon figured out this boy must be Forth's mate. After a moment of silence Forth was the first to speak "Mom, dad, this is Beam....my mate. I would like to introduce him to the pack tomorrow." His mother came up to Beam and gave him a warm, loving hug "Welcome to the family." Forth's father just gave Beam a firm handshake before speaking "It's nice to meet you Beam. So which pack are you from?" Beam then explained a little about himself. Like how he was an omega and from the Blue Lagoon pack and that today was his 17th birthday. After about half an hour Forth excused themselves from the room, wanting to spend some alone time with his mate. He then showed Beam to his room where they currently sat on the bed in silence. That is until Forth leaned in and planted a soft yet loving kiss atop of Beam's sweet lips.