Chapter 18

ugh I start school tomorrow so I don't know how often I'll be updating :( I'm gonna try my best though!! btw I'm listening to Collide by Howie Day right now and it's perfect!!!

---

Raven's POV:

I detach myself from my sheets and rub my eyes after the sleepless night I just had. I've stayed in bed all day trying to sleep but I just can't. I've just been crying off and on and hoping Luke would call me. 

I look in my mirror as I walk past it and the girl in it does not look like she's from planet earth. I sigh and rake a brush through my hair before walking out to the kitchen to meet my mom and Amy who were watching a tv show in the living room.

"Look who rose from the dead!" My mom jokes and turns her chair around to face me.

I give her a small yet weak smile and I pour my cereal into a bowl, and the grab the milk from the fridge. I pour it into my bowl, and put the milk back. I begin to spoon the cereal into my mouth, just as my mom and Amy walk into the kitchen with me.

"So, how's Luke?" My mom asks, completely unaware of the situation we're in right now. And it's going to stay that way.

"He's fine, he's got a big show in the morning though so he's sleeping. Time zones," I say and laugh lightly.

"Oh yeah, I get it. So you were probably up all night talking to him and that's why you slept all day." She gives me a disapproving look.

I shrug. "Oh well."

"Teenagers." Amy says and gives me a small smile before looking back down at my mom.

"Kids will be kids, I guess." My mom says while looking at Amy.

I finish my cereal and rinse it out in the sink. "I'm going back to my room," I say as I walk into the hallway and push my door open to find my phone buzzing on my bed.

Luke's name appears on the screen and I jump across the room to answer it.

"Hello?" I answer out of breath.

"Uh, hi?" He chuckles lightly. "Did you just get done running a marathon?"

"Across my room to answer the phone. I'm so out of shape that it's enough to make me out of breath," I say lightly.

"Happy 2 months, Raven." He says while laughing at my response.

I smile. "You remembered."

"Of course I did." He says, a hint of sass behind his voice.

"Don't you sass me, Hemmings." I say sternly.