Chapter 29

Luke

She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5 blasts into my earphones as I stare out of the bus window, and think of Raven. All I want to do is go back to London, and take her in my arms and tell her that I need her. But, I can't do that. It's officially over.

As the lyrics flood my mind, I really do hope that Raven will be loved someday, better than I loved her. She deserves it, after what I put her through. I must've really fucked up her view on love, considering I was her first ever 'boyfriend'. Whatever, I hate titles. I just want her back.

My mind flashes back to the day I won her a teddy bear from the claw machine. What I said to her that night.

"I guess you just make me better."

I realize now that it's completely true in so many ways. Not just with that silly game, but in everything. She made me happier, she made me realize how precious certain things in life are.

You Found Me by the Fray plays through my headphones, and I silently thank myself for creating this sad playlist for myself. I knew I would need it someday.

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me, lying on the floor.

My mind floods with images of Raven, laughing, twisting her hair with her finger, chewing on gum like she always did, crawling down the bed on top of me, making out with me, and then suddenly getting up and leaving me sexually frustrated. When I would groan and tell her to come back, she'd giggle, and lock herself in the bathroom.

That was my Raven. The Raven I loved.

After Raven, I stopped looking for the "physical" things. I wanted to know what her mind was like. That's what I really wanted.

I'm broken out of my trance as a finger taps me on the shoulder. I look over my shoulder to see a frowning Ashton, holding up a phone to his ear.

I pull an earbud out of one of my ears, and mouth "what?" to him.

He removes the phone from his ear and covers the speaker. "It's Raven's mom." He says and presses the phone to his ear again, sighing.

"Alright, I'll tell Luke." He says, and bites his lip. He hangs up the phone and stuffs it in his pocket, and I look at him with expecting eyes.

"Raven is in the hospital. She just locked herself in her room and when her mom called the cops and they broke her door down, they found her in her room, sobbing on the floor, holding a broken CD to her wrist. She didn't cut herself though, she was about to," He says with a gulp. "They just diagnosed her with major depression, Luke."

I take a deep breath and stare in front of me. I slam my fists down on the flimsy table in front me. "God damnit! Why do I always cause shit like this?" I shout and throw my phone and earbuds to the other side of the bus, hearing them shatter. I stand up and pace back and forth. "Fuck!" I scream, pulling at the ends of my hair.

Ashton places his hands on my shoulders and turns me around to face him. "Luke, calm down. You're not helping anything by doing this." He says in a calm voice.

I instantly calm at his words. "You're right." I say and sigh, sitting down on my previous seat. After a moment of silence, Ashton speaks up.

"I don't think you're in a very good place right now to be performing."

"Well, I have to." I huff, and cross my arms.

"Tonight is our last show and then we have a full two week break. How 'bout you say we go home?" He suggests. "I think we could all use a bit of home." He says and then looks down at his shoes.

"Yeah," I say, agreeing with him. I look up at him to see him looking at me. "What about Bethany?" I say and smirk.

He rolls his eyes and smiles. "We're just talking, still. We're not going to start anything while I'm on tour." He says with a giggle.

I raise my eyebrows. "Good idea."

He nods and then walks off to the bunks, throwing himself into his bunk. I sigh and walk over to the bunks as well, climbing up into the one above Michael, and try to sleep.

Raven

Sitting on the hosptial bed, I play with the plastic bracelet on my wrist. I'm on twenty-four hour watch, so the nurse in the corner of my room watches me intently as I look at my wrist. The wrist that I almost cut with my broken 5 Seconds of Summer CD.

"I'm not going to do anything. Like, you don't have to stare me down the whole time you're in here." I say and roll my eyes at the young looking nurse.

She jumps when I speak and bites her lip. "Sorry, it's just my job and they told me to and-"

I cut her off with a giggle. "It's fine, I was just messing with you." I say and lay back in the stiff bed.

"Oh." Is all she says with a light unmeaningful chuckle, and she leans back in her chair again.

"What's your name?" I ask her, playing with the bracelet again.

She looks up at me, and I look at her. "Hannah." She says. "I would ask what your name is, but I kinda already know." She says sheepishly and shrugs, half-smiling.

I laugh lightly. "Yeah."

"Do you mind me asking why you did it?" She surprises me by asking after a few moments.

"Why I locked myself in my room and almost cut myself?" I say with a raised eyebrow and she nods. "Have you ever been in love?" I ask her and cock my head to the side while she thinks of an answer.

"I am right now." She doesn't hesitate to hold up her hand and show off a sparkling ring on her wedding finger.

"How old are you?" I ask her.

"I'm twenty-two, but I've always thought that age doesn't really matter when it comes to major life decisions like getting married, or having children," She scoffs. "It's just silly. If you're in love, you're in love. If you want a child, make one, god damnit!" She shouts the last part and we both laugh.

I nod my head in agreement. "Seems fair." I bite my lip. "Anyways, I guess you're one of the lucky ones, so I'll tell you my story." I suck in a breath, and she scoots her chair next to my bed.

"It all started with a boy in a band, named Luke."

--

do u love me for using both of their povs in one chapter bc i love myself

i've been so lazy about povs lately like i only ever wanna do one but i guess this is an exception

omg this story is so close to 2k reads and im excited

ily

i might start one of my new stories when i hit 2k so i'm going to explain them here

"Jail" is going to be a Michael fic and it's going to be based off of where this girl robs a house and gets caught, and she meets Michael in jail, and she's curious of what he did to get in. But once she finds out, she's totally revolted by him and doesn't want anything to do with him. Until she finds out the truth, and ends up falling in love with him.

"Stars" is a Calum fic, and I basically got the idea when I saw a picture of stars on tumblr, and it's going to be about a girl who's parents are fighting so she goes outside to look at the stars until the fight passes - but soon enough she's joined by someone else.

pls comment and tell me which you'd be more interested in xxx