5. Mistaken Proximity

It seemed like Parv was talking on phone and didn't plan to move anytime soon.
And this place was dangerous, the house was brimming with people and if accidentally, someone saw them...a scandal was bound to follow!
AJ took in a deep breath. This needed to be done.
"Guddan.." he whispered.
She looked at him confused.
"Don't shriek", and before Guddan could process his words, AJ hugged her close, skin tight.
Guddan's eyes flew open, in shock. She didn't know why, but her breath hitched and her heart rate suddenly accelerated. An odd feeling raced through her spine making her shudder. Was she ill?
Akshat hugged Guddan close, dipping his face in her neck, one arm going over her shoulders while other encircled her waist.
"What are youu..." she tried to protest, but her face was muffled in his coat.
"Shut up! Don't raise your face either, someone is here!", Akshat hissed menacingly as he raised his eyes slightly to see the man on other side of stairs, leave while shaking his head.
Guddan squirmed uncomfortably. His hands were all over her back! (Over the pallu)
" Off with your hands! or..or...I'll deep fry you!!", Guddan threatened Akshat as she closed her teeth over whatever came in her mouth.
His brows rose, shocked as he looked at his palms that were touching her back and he removed them quickly.
"Why the hell is this Parv not going away?" Akshat spoke to himself, trying to escape Guddan's glares.
Out of options, he turned to look at her.
Guddan expected an explanation for his abrupt action but he repeated the same stunt again and pulled her closer.
Frustrated at the strange way, her body was feeling, she pinched his waist as tightly as possible. Akshat winced.
But she wouldn't stop and dug her extra-long nail into his kurta ,into his waist.
"What the hell are you doing woman?!I am setting your blouse straight!!" Akshat explained to prevent the barrage of tortures his brand new accidental wife was throwing at him, or his expensive coat.
"Howw!?" Guddan enquired, continuing with her chinese assault.
"Just stop for a second!Will you? You wild kitten!!" AJ hissed, his lips twitching.
And with that, he pulled out 2 bobby pins, out of her hair. In reply, Guddan pinched him extra hard and AJ winced.
"Do you know how hard it was to set my goddamn hair! And you freaking spoiled it just like that!' She whined.
"If you knew how to wear your clothes properly, this situation would have never arose!", he chided her, while catching hold of the right hand, whose fingers she was using to pinch and scratch him.
"Saree was fine when I wore it, okay!How is it my fault if the darned hook was loose?!! And let go of my hand this instant!" Guddan warned trying to twist her wrist out of his grip.
"Can't you stay quiet?I can't fix your blouse with one hand and to use my other hand, I need to let go of yours and unless and until you promise to stop this torture, I won't let go!" Akshat explained, impatience surfacing in his tone. They had been at it for too long. Pooja would be over anytime and they will be doomed.
In reply, Guddan snorted in defiance and poked his kurta, over stomach.
And Akshat lost it.
"Fine, we can just stand here embracing each other in this dark corner while your blouse is threatening to come off. When someone walks in on us, they'll think that we were having a rendezvous because we couldn't keep our hormones in check", Akshat grunted.
Guddan's eyes widened.
Rendezvous?! With AJ uncle!! Yuck!
"Fine..fine! Just get this done!" Guddan replied helplessly and hugged him. Akshat slowly removed her veil as her back was exposed to him and he gulped.
His fingers shivered, as he tried to pierce the pin through blouse. He was trying his level best to avoid touching her back but his forefinger slightly touched her back causing her back to arch away from his touch, involuntarily.
"Sorry, by mistake my fing...."Akshat apologised, fisting his hand.
Guddan nodded meekly, "It's alright! Just get this over with.."
And finally with great deal of efforts, Akshat pierced the pin through both edges of blouse, temporarily holding them together.
"It's done!" Both had just sighed in relief when a voice called out to them.
"Akshat!"
Guddan's eyes widened. Akshat, who had his back towards the open side, stiffened to stillness and Guddan let out her name in shock, "Paulomi aunty!".
(Paulomi is AJ's long time friend who used to leave him a letter every year on his birthday that Antara had left for him before her death. And this year she had bought him the letter stating that Antara wanted him to move on and get married)
Confused, Paulomi moved closer.
Akshat hadn't yet made an attempt to move away from his compromising position.
"I never knew 'The Akshat Jindal' actually has a romantic gene in his otherwise business programmed DNA!Guddan is still a child, but you are so mature and yet you are having a rendezvous, here!" Paulomi spoke, a mischievous grin spreading to her lips.
"Don't be ridiculous!" Akshat snuffed her, exasperated.
"Is there anyone else here!?" He asked.
Paulomi looked around and said, "No..."
With that, Akshat moved away, with his palm still latched to Guddan's back, trying to hold the blouse in place.
"Is the pooja done?" He asked.
"It will be over in a few minutes, I guess. I had went out to recieve an important call and while coming in, my eyes fell on you", she replied.
"Do you have safety pins?" He asked monotonously, not bothering to reply in kind.
"Yes..but..wha..." Paulomi replied confused when AJ cut in.
"Then help her out quickly", he ordered in his usual no nonsense tone and left from there.
As he hurried off, Guddan held her blouse while Paulomi looked at AJ's retreating form in amusement.
"Antara's last wish is definitely going to bring the old Akshat back and breathe life into you!"