27. Chori Chori Chupke Chupke

"So why are you here again?!", Guddan asked as the Mercedes came to a halt in front of her institute.

Exasperated, Akshat heaved in a sigh of patience and looked at her, " Because, the place my meeting is scheduled at is right around the corner and so I thought it feasible to drop you rather than you paying for the cab, is it understood!?"

Memories of their counter from the bygone Saturday were still fresh in their mind. Two days had passed since then but they were quite skeptic and wary of each other and the other's influence on their sanity.

Guddan made a confused expression and furrowing her brows, nodded her head with a grumpy face. However as she was about to open the door to step out, Akshat stopped her and turned her towards him.

"Kya?!" Guddan asked confused.

"Is your brain functioning?! Ye mangalsutra pehenkar jaa rahi ho!" As he held the mangalsutra in his fingers, her eyes darted to it and widened. "I forgot!" Guddan trailed with an apologetic face and extended her hands behind her neck to untie the mangalsutra.

"Let me..." Akshat offered as Guddan let her hands fall to her sides while he leant closer to her, sideways.

As his fingers brushed against the back of her neck and his hot breath tickled her ears, her heart rate picked up. I am attracted to You.

She glanced sideways to see him trying to unhook the mangalsutra with utmost concentration while his tongue poked out from between his lips. He looked...nice! That was all a novice like herself could think of.

As Akshat's eyes darted sideways and met hers, he realized how close they were and how close their lips were. I am attracted to you.

Looking at him from under her long eyelashes that were fanning her cheeks, made him want to do nothing more than to cradle them like she had cradled his. The right hand that was busy helping the left one unhook the mangalsutra, now slowly moved away from its position and leisurely placed itself along the junction of her shoulder and neck, and started to push against it. Towards him. And she let herself be swayed as if under a spell. His spell.

Karan who was busy playing on his phone, passed right in front of their car, only to step back 10 seconds later. He stopped and focussed, hard. He couldn't properly make out the faces of the duo in the car since they had it turned towards each other but body outline of that woman and the shape of back of her head felt very familiar. He was a dancer after all.

*Honk* *Honk*

"Don't stop in the middle of the road!" A man shouted breaking the spell Guddan and Akshat were enchanted by, as they moved away.

As Guddan pushed her hair behind her ears, Akshat drummed his fingers against the steering wheel awkwardly. Another failed attemptWhile Karan couldn't believe his eyes. It was Guddan! That too with Akshat Jindal, that dance wala Akshat Jindal, that trustee Akshat Jindal! Holy hell!!

But he couldn't ponder over his shock for much long as Guddan stepped out of the car and rushed towards the building while Akshat sped off.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Karan! I won't leave you!" Guddan threatened as she started slamming her mini bag against him.

Chuckling, he caught her hands and flashed her mischievous smile. "What did I even do?!"

"Y-you asked me to see that series and didn't tell me about th-those scenes!" Guddan sputtered, embarrassed.

And he broke into a laughter, "You are such an innocent one, I mean you are blushing like a tomato while talking about kissing, you are 21 and stil...OUCH!!"