32. And Everything was Torn Apart

The first tear that was about to fall off Durga's chin was caught by Guddan as she wiped it off, "Don't cry, Durga ji! Kishore ji will come around and till then I will be here for you! Hum, Guddan Akshat Jindal, apni bahu ka pura khayaal rakhenge! Aap bilkul tension hi mat lijiye!"

And Guddan was keeping her word well. Every second of the watch, she was around Durga keeping a tab on her. Saru was still very miffed due to the uncalled humiliation her brother had to endure owing to Durga's malpractices but otherwise, Dadi and Lakshmi were doing their best to keep Durga happy too.

"Arrreee, Durga Ji!!" Guddan shouted sprinting down the stairs as she saw Durga making her way across the hall.
Durga stilled and turned around like a culprit caught red handed.

"What are you doing out of your room?! Didn't I tell you to take rest?!" Guddan chided her as Durga nodded like an obedient kid.

Quite a few things had changed over the past few days and one of those changes included Durga's behaviour towards Guddan. She was melting because she had seen Guddan fighting with Kishore to let go of the past incidents and move on. She had seen Guddan toil day and night to keep Durga company. She had started to believe in Guddan.

"Nhi...main wo bas...paani...haan, paani peene aayi thi!" Durga stammered uncharacteristically as Guddan narrowed her eyes suspiciously before shouting her vocal cords out, "Raju bhaiyaaa!!"

A butler came rushing and stood with his head hung down, "Yes, Ma'am?"

"Don't ma'am me! There is no water in Durga ji's room! Didn't I order you to keep closeby in case she needs something?!" Guddan scolded the man.

"But mam, I kept the water just a few minutes ago..." The man replied as Guddan turned away from him confused.

"I-I must not have noticed it..." Durga whispered and started to leave hurriedly when pieces of tamarind dropped down on the floor, from the folds of her saree.

Guddan's eyes widened in amusement while Durga looked away, embarrassed.
"What is this Durga ji!? Tamarind! Again?!! When will you eat lunch if you'll continue to stuff yourself with imli and I am warning you, don't end making the baby sour by continuing to eat sour foods!"

Durga looked at Guddan with a deadpan face as Lakshmi who had arrived on the scene a second ago, started chuckling at her saasu maa's childish insinuations.

"What I mean is that you should eats sweets so that my grandchild will be born sweet too, just like me!" Guddan smiled in a manner of self gloating.

"Your level of sweetness is just too dangerous, Diabetes is after all...quite deadly!" Akshat appeared from behind cutting Guddan's gloating short.

"If left to your discretion, you'd end up making the child a bittergourd like youself!" Guddan retorted pouting.

"But Karela is quite healthy unlike..." Akshat trailed meaningfully while looking at her and hurried out of the house not without bidding her a bye through his eyes.

Guddan blinked back and smiled softly. Love made everything sweet. Insults included!!

"Forget all this! Let's get you to your room, it's time for your medicines", Guddan addressed Durga as she nodded and let Guddan lead her towards her room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*Cough* *Cough*

Durga woke up midnight and started coughing severely.

*Cough*

Kishore woke up due to her incessant coughingand handed her a glass of water and tried to ease her but to no avail.