24. Something-Something

"Is this the way your teachers behave with their students?!" A stern voice echoed from behind, interrupting the commotion around Guddan.

Guddan stilled and her eyes went exceptionally large on realizing the familiar undertone of authority and disdain.

Shocked, she turned around to see AJ standing with his usual overpowering aura, his hands tucked in his pockets.

"How disappointing!" AJ exclaimed with a sigh, stepping forward.

And Guddan gulped, as his eyes flicked into her direction and a look passed in his eyes. A look that spelled her doom!

"This is where you bid adieu to this world, Guddan!!" Guddan murmured to herself as he took another step closer, in her direction.

But how can he do this!!! This is against what we talked about. We both mutually decided that I won't use his name in the college. I'll be just some Guddan Gupta, with whatsoever no relation to The Akshat Jindal! The moment he speaks out, my truth will be out in the open for everyone to see!! Already, no one likes me and when the truth will be revealed...'

Guddan's train of worries was interrupted as the Dean of Institute, Mr. Parimal stepped forward. "What is happening here, Rajat sir! We have a strict policy against discrimination and favouritism, and you are assisting the students in ganging up against someone!"

"But sir..." Teacher Rajat tried to speak up, but one look from Dean shut him up.

"This man here is Mr. Akshat Jindal, he is interested in funding the college", The dean introduced, trying to floss over the situation but AJ was quick and cut him off, "...WAS interested! I don't think I can find it in my heart to support your finances after seeing such display of insincerity.."

"Nhi, Mr. Jindal, it's nothing like that!", Dean pleaded desperately, in response to which Akshat nodded and raised his brows amusingly.

"Is that so, Mr. Parimal!? Then why not give the lady here a chance to show her prowess..." Akshat trailed pointing towards Guddan.

As everyone turned to Guddan, her breath got stuck in her throat and she let out a silent scream. And that's how shit happened!

Ten minutes later, Akshat found it real hard to keep his patience intact. The others were in the same boat, as another man came limping on his right leg. It was already the third guy and his idiot wife has sent him packing too! Just great!!

Guddan clicked her tongue in apology, as AJ looked in her direction with an impatient scowl making its way onto his already stuck up face.

"Did you see, sir? I wasn't discriminating, she is a walking disaster!" Teacher Rajat had just slapped his forehead exasperated, as the sound of screeching of chair struck his ears and he looked up to see AJ leaving his seat and moving towards Guddan.

Guddan gulped as AJ stopped a centimeter away from her but his next action took her breath away, as he leaned closer and her eyes literally popped out.

She clutched the edges of her kurta tightly when his breath grazed against her ears, "Don't worry...Main hoon".

Her heart hammered at his sincere confession and she looked by her side to see AJ leaning over her right shoulder, and press the button of audio player. As he withdrew to come face to face with her, she nodded her head in negative but he shushed her by keeping a finger against his lips.

As the music started playing, Guddan continued to make a helpless face but AJ wouldn't listen.

Main wahan, jahan pe tu hai, Mera ishq toh junoon hai
O jaana...aaa O jaana...aaa...aaa