22. The Odd Pair

Quick Recap: Akshat took Guddan for a surprise audition and she cleared the audition to secure herself a seat in NAAA'

Lakshmi and Dadi congratulated Guddan on her selection as soon as she and AJ reached home.

"But I don't understand why wasn't I informed of the audition beforehand?" Guddan asked puzzled.

"Tum aam khao na, guthliyan ginne mein dimaag mat kharch karo!" Akshat chided her while at the same time Lakshmi let her tongue loose.

"Arre, because Papa wanted to surprise you so hea..." Lakshmi chimed when her eyes caught her sasur's glaring eyes that were screaming to shut-the-hell-up.

"Sorry Papa! You had asked me to keep quiet!" She bit her tongue, troubled and AJ 
just slapped his forehead annoyed.

Lakshmi could never keep a secret!

Guddan chuckled and then gave AJ, an impressed look. "Not bad huh! Surprise vagerah!" Guddan exclaimed and Akshat opened his lips to say his usual self expressed welcome' from Guddan's side when she interrupted him.

"...But you know this was more of a shock than a surprise! I think you need to work on your skills at pleasantly-surprising' people otherwise you are just fine at terribly-surprising' people!"  Guddan complained while Akshat's eyes widened and he stared at her in disbelief. This was what he got! Not even a single thank you!

Guddan looked at Akshat's constipated face and broke into laughter, "How was it? Taste of your own bitter gourd mixed neem medicine! These are the side effects of spending time in your company! Its thanks to your company that my way of saying thanks and appreciation have twisted!" Guddan shrugged.

"Was that a thank you!?" AJ asked incredulously.

"Sounded more like a taunt! Nhi?!" Guddan asked and looked at Akshat who was giving his fed-up glare.

"Vo kya hai na..this is how you give compliments. People ususally say Good job' but you say its passable'. Ab aise insaan ki sangat ka asar toh aisa hi hoga na, Dadi!?" Guddan turned to Dadi who started laughing too while Akshat just decided to leave the saas-bahu trio to their devices.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Get ready Perv! Your days in this house are numbered!" Guddan taunted Parv as he was passing by her side.

Turning around, he looked at Guddan innocently and spoke, "What are you saying saasu maa? Kya mujhse koi galti ho gayi! I am sorry for any wound that I gave you intention..."

"Stop with your nensense!" Guddan interrupted him shocked and continued, "What new drama is this?! I am warning you to keep away from chutki otherwise.." Guddan threatened him while pointing her index finger at his nose.

His hands rose and he slapped them together while Guddan flinched away. "Saasu maa, I don't understand what you are trying to say! I only love Siddhi ji! Why would I go near your chutki?!" He asked timidly while folding his hands in front of her.

Guddan's eyes widened and then furrowed in confusion as he continued with his sati-savitri act. Puzzled, she looked around to check if he was acting in front of someone but there was no one in sight.

"I'll have to go to the station now as I have an important case to attend to but I promise to clear your misunderstandings once I come back", He ended and left.

As she turned around puzzled, she punched the nearby wall in annoyance. "Why was he behaving as if he is the only one left after shravan kumar?! I didn't benefit much from switching on the recorder!" With that said as Guddan turned the recorder in her phone off, she was sharply turned around by her elbow and pinned to wall. Looking up, her eyes widened on seeing Parv's smirking face while he pinned her both arms above her head.