34. Piya Morre

"You can't do this to me, again! You can't! I won't let you!!" Akshat shouted like a madman standing infront of Krishna ji's idol in the temple nearby the hospital.

Strong gusts of wind enveloped the temple as Akshat approached Krishna ji's idol morbidly.

"I've always bowed down in front of you, no matter what happened. I never let my belief waiver in you even after you snatched Antara away but this is something I won't forgive! Hamesha aapki nhi chalegi! It's my life and thus choices should be mine too! I never wanted to remarry but I had to because of Antara's wish. We, I and Guddan weren't supposed to be together but you trapped us both in your games and tied us together by deceit. She was just supposed to be a saas to my bahus and a bahu to my maa and yet she made herself a place in my life as my better half. It was all your doing! I never intended for this to happen and yet it happened because you wanted it to! But this time around, I refuse to stay put and watch as you snatch her away, snatch the woman away who makes me want to live, who makes me want to laugh...", Akshat trailed as he reminisced their bickering.

"You dropped her like a bomb in my life and she freakin detonated the castle of walls I had raised around myself! And now I've become so damn habitual to those mini heart attacks she gives me every now and then, that living without her is not even imaginable! So you'd better tell her to headbutt the death god staring her in the eyes...because she listens to you..."

And with that Akshat dropped onto the floor on his knees, defeated. He had long back stopped clinging to hope and today when he needed to hope in hope the most, his hopes were falling apart. Here he was threatening the God to let her burden the earth for another 100 years with her nonsense but deep down, his heart was sinking and his brain was trying to remind the real facts to his heart. That Guddan might as well die. Chances of her making it alive were a mere 3%. Who was he kidding?! He had always been the unlucky one. Lost his father as a child, then Antara and now Guddan was about to leave him too. And what could he do?! Only if he wasn't so obsessed with the idea of expanding his restaurant then he could have been here and maybe, just maybe he could've pulled her away before that truck...

Akshat paused as one after another and then another tear rolled down his eyes. He was hopeless. His hopelessness, his darkness was going to devour the only glimmer of light that existed in his life. This darkness might as well devour him too because living without her was going to hurt worse than death. He knew it. And he no more had the strength left to live through the stabbing pain, yet again.

"Peeche mat hatiye! Kyuki Guddan bhi apne promise se peeche nhi hategi".

Akshat turned around quickly as her words brimming with determination resonated in his ears. But there was no one!

"Main hoon na aapke liye!"

He turned back yet again only to come face to face with nothing. Was he going insane? Why was he hearing her?!

"Just please...save her..." Akshat whispered helplessly as he slid against the pillar while on the other side, the red light outside OT switched on and Guddan's operation began.

Ho Agar kabhi Koi Ghum Toh, Bilkul Na Tum Ghabaraana
Taa Raa Raa Raa Rum Taaraarumpum...

He closed his eyes and recalled how she had comforted him when Lakshmi's betrayal had broken his faith into pieces.

Bass Rahe Yakin Yeh Tumko, Khushiyo Ko Toh Hai Aana
Taa Raa Raa Raa Rum Taaraarumpum...

She had protected his heart and gifted him the love of family. He could reminisce the genuine sorry Lakshmi had asked of him, all because of her.