19. It's starting

The next morning as everyone bit down the first morsel of their food, they were surprised.

"The food is different today!", Saru remarked.

"I second you!" Vardaan remarked in tow.

As Lakshmi tasted the food, her eyes widened. "Durga di, you didn't cook this food?" She asked, recognizing the familiarity of this taste.

"Nhi, I was the one who cooked today!" Guddan piped in, as Durga looked away annoyed.

Everyone's eyes widened and Saru choked on her food. She remembered being confined to the toilet owing to her saasu maa! She was quite sure that the food was going to come out of her mouth with as much ease as it was going in!

"Saru bahu! Relax and eat! I guarantee that this food won't trouble your stomach", Guddan chuckled seeing Saru's constipated face.

"And what are you all waiting for, please go ahead and taste it! You'll be surprised!" Guddan smiled, coaxing Kishore and Dadi to eat.

As they ate, Dadi nodded her head and smiled, "I always used to to say that my Guddan can do everything!" Guddan chuckled as Dadi pressed a kiss to her forehead.

Guddan and everyone at the table looked on with abated breath as AJ closed his lips over the chhole-roti combo. Guddan gulped as she saw him munch on the bite with a straight face whilst his eyes were fixed on her.Once the morsel went down his throat, he opened his mouth and spoke, "It's edible and passable!"

Guddan's mouth opened in disbelief at his words. He was a miser for words. 'Do shabd tareef ke bol dete toh kya bigad jata' she pouted and glared at him.

Durga got up abruptly and started to leave the table when she was stopped. "Who said you can leave, Durga Bahu?! Your saas has put lot of efforts and hardwork in making this food so I expect you, Saru and Lakshmi bahu to appreciate her efforts and eat it", AJ spoke and then looked towards Guddan, "And remember to give one extra whistle to the kabuli chana the next time you cook, and yes try to add about half a cup more water to the dough so that it's not tight!"

Guddan opened and closed her mouth like a fish, at a loss for words. 'Uncle is weird! He is never going to come within her circumference of understanding'.

Deciding to ignore him, she approached Lakshmi and asked her to eat. "I am waiting for you to eat and tell if I was able to do justice to your teachings!?" Guddan asked as Lakshmi scratched the back of her neck, confused.

Confused about what her mother-in-law was saying!? Confused about why the heck was her mother-in-law smiling at her and talking so jovially as if nothing had happened a few days back?!

"What are you talking about?!" Dadi enquired, perplexed.

"Dadi, the one who taught me cooking is none other than lakshmi bahu and she is a stupendous teacher to boot! Thanks to her, I actually understand the basics of cooking!" Guddan praised Lakshmi who downed another glass of water in bewilderment.

'Why is Saasu maa singing praises in her glory!?' Because the last Lakshmi remembered was a heated verbal clash between them where Guddan had expressed her loathing at her thoughts.

"But I haven't seen Lakshmi bahu with you since the past few days?" AJ asked as Guddan and Lakshmi exchanged glances.

'This is when you bid adieu to your dear life, lakshmi! Guddan will expose you infront of AJ for sure!'

"It was all my fault! I didn't follow her instructions and ended up annoying her!" Guddan made a puppy face as Lakshmi's eyes widened in shock.