48: A Sun Never Sets

The train to Paris would likely take six hours during it's commute, which gave Grey enough time to unwind and get focused on the next part of her mission

The train to Paris would likely take six hours during it's commute, which gave Grey enough time to unwind and get focused on the next part of her mission. She carried the First King's journal around like a college student carrying textbooks. It blended in somewhat with Amelia's travel books, China Rich Girlfriend and Fifty Shades Freed. Amelia, across from her, shuffled through a fashion magazine she picked up before hopping aboard. Vanity, to the left of her, listened to a podcast through her earbuds.

Grey finished off the last of her chocolate mousse cake, licking the frosting from her fork and sitting back in her spacious seat.

"I didn't know I needed cake in my life," Grey said. She grabbed her water bottle and took a swig. 

"Forget cake," Amelia whispered, checking on Vanity before continuing, "your many boyfriends almost ripped my head off after you left this morning. Don't ever pull a marriage stunt again."

"Namjoon would have protected you," Grey cooed.

Amelia grimaced. "It's not that easy. I'm not walking around with the million dollar heart."

Grey's eyebrows raised at the taunt. Amelia smiled sarcastically. Grey said, "What does a pure heart have to do with anything?"

"He doesn't like me, Grey. There's nothing I can offer him."

Vanity removed an earbud. "If you think Namjoon is that shallow, you're terribly wrong."

"Talking around you is always a mistake," Amelia said, rubbing her temples.

"See?" Grey pointed at Vanity. "Terribly wrong. He loves spending time with you."

"I'm probably a great distraction while we travel from place to place." Amelia huffed, propping her head onto her hand.

Vanity took out her other earbud, wrapping the cord around her new phone. "Be careful, Amelia. Your insecurities are showing."

"Excuse me?" Amelia scoffed.

"Hey, Vanity," Grey said, nudging her shoulder. She lowered her voice, jerking her head towards a man at the bar. He was lost in book, dusky blond hair falling into his eyes. He occasionally sipped from the whiskey in his glass and settled back into the pages, but not without a courteous glance towards the Queen of the Eternal Realm. "I think he's checking you out."

Amelia snuck a glance over her chair and whirled back around. "Oh, that smile of his isn't from what he's reading."

Grey smirked. "I think you should go talk to him."

Vanity blinked several times, flustered. "I couldn't possibly."

"Why not?" Amelia challenged. "You nervous?"

"It's not that," Vanity whispered, stealing a peek at the mystery man again. "He's not my type."

Amelia crossed her arms. "Be careful, Vanity. Your insecurities are showing."