Reflection

Hello reader,

As I assemble the next piece of Tear the Sky, I would like to give this novel a proper goodbye. It's weird coming back to do this though. It's essentially the encore no one asked for. However, it's really for me. I need a place to finally let what happened in this book rest... at least, for now. Thank you C, for inspiring me to do this.

It was so much fun growing this world. And the crazy part is, I might not have ever known how rewarding it is to finish a book had I not sat down and committed to it. It's on my spirit to tell you to do that. The lovely idea you have that you've been sitting on? Finish it. If you've already started it and you're unsure? Finish it.

While writing Tear the Sky, I learned something about myself. I love to see people following their dreams. I love to see personal growth and the little victories. I love being able to help. In turn, my characters were just characters until I really got into the thick of the plot. I realized that my words had power in narrative form, that what I've made can share smaller messages within a larger one. 

As I've gotten older and matured (if only a bit), I learned a few key ideas. 

Nearly all of them revolve around how important it is to love yourself--what that entails, how it's done, why it's done. And the best part is they blended seamlessly into the journey of each character.

That's the category I'll do first.

CHARACTERS

I. Grey is a mixture of everything. First, I wanted to make her vulnerable. Honest. I wanted her to feel the things she felt shamelessly. She reacted without thinking, she was unsure of her identity, and she ran from her past. Even with this, I wanted her to recover. I can't count the amount of times this girl cried but each time, she strengthened her resolve. She never gave up. She forgave. I guess what I wanted to convey is that one doesn't always need to be cold or distant. It is okay to open the heart, and it's okay to be hurt. That's a part of life. It's also a part of getting stronger. 

Resiliency is her key tenement.

When you fall, get back up.