15.

Logan, still driving the chariot with the rider, is hit at her side, she cries out and clutches at hand to herself. She looks about, wondering whose energy rifle it was, she looks behind her.

"Oh you" she grumbles seeing Loki following her. They race downward, trailing between buildings. They race madly, driving and dodging. Hawkeye looks at Logan, astonished.

"Winchester, what are you doing?" He asks.

"Uh... a little help!" Logan tells him, Hawkeye pulls the trigger twice, nocks an arrow, and points it at Loki, smiling.

"I've got him" Clint fires. The arrow streaks down the city straight at Loki's head. Snatch. Like a cat, Loki grabs the arrow straight out of the air, he turns his head to look straight at Clint, he smirks. The arrow explodes in Loki's face causing him to crash into the Stark penthouse pad. Logan looks down and building her momentum, she jumps off of the chariot, lands on top of Stark Tower, rolling herself to the edge. She takes a deep breath and looks around.

"So surprised that worked" she tells herself.

...............

As Loki looks up, shocked at what just happened, The Hulk is leaping into the building and kicks Loki, hurtling him towards the glass window. Loki collapses as he hits the wall. The Hulk jumps in, ready to attack. Loki rolls himself up in a flurry of broken glass, standing up to the Hulk.

"ENOUGH! YOU ARE, ALL OF YOU ARE BENEATH ME! I AM A GOD, YOU DULL CREATURE, AND I WILL NOT BE BULLIED...." Hulk grabs Loki by the ankle and smashes him against the floor, repeatedly and finally throws him aside to the ground.

"Puny God" Hulk states walking away calmly. Loki whimpers in pain.

...................

Logan walks up the CMS machine. Selvig, slumped down, weakened, looks at her desperately. The Tesseract's energy is firing towards the portal, gaining in strength, at the surge of energy moving through the sky.

"Doctor Selvig" Logan greets.

"Loki's sceptre, the energy...the Tesseract can't fight. You can't protect against yourself"

"It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing" Logan tells him softly.

"Well, actually I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source" Logan thinks a moment before realising.

"Loki's sceptre"

"It might be able to close the portal" Selvig looks down. He sees a gold gleam below. "And I'm looking right at it" Logan leans over to look to. She takes a breath and holds out her hand concentrating on the sceptre.

"Come on" she complains, now her stupid demonic powers decide not to work. The sceptre shakes slightly and Logan groans trying harder. The sceptre flies up and into her hand, she lets out a breath and ignores the woozy feeling.

.....................

The Hulk holds chitauri soldiers by the face and slams them down. More keep coming. Hulk looks up. Hundreds of riders hover over him. Then... they begin to fire energy blasts. Hulk takes them like he's running through a light rain. Blocking the stream of streaking blasks, as though swatting at bees.

...........

7 ALPHA 11 arrives outside the city. He flips the switch to press the button. He presses it. A missile is flying towards Manhattan.

"Destination is in 2 minutes, 30 seconds mark"

.............

Selvig, back in scientist mode, clacks away at his laptop. He nods. Logan shifts closer to the CMS machine and using Loki's sceptre, slowly breaks into the force field, almost touching the Tesseract.

"I can close it!" Logan tells the others over the comms unit. "Can anybody hear me? I can shut the damn portal!"

"Do it" Steve orders back.

"No, wait!" Tony counters.

"Stark, these things are still coming!" Steve argues.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it" Tony announces as he catches up, now comes at the missile from behind. The missile speeds on. Iron Man grabs it from behind, gripping it tightly. With a mighty effort, he wrenches the rocket off its course. Steering it from behind, he accelerates quickly, flying straight up into sky, towards the portal. Logan shifts where she stands watching.

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip?" Steve asks. Tony doesn't respond he just climbs higher and higher over the city, gaining speed, suddenly he flings himself through the portal. Communications die. The suit begins to freeze. Tony looks in horror.

...........

Suddenly, all of the chitauri soldiers and leviathans keel over and begin to shake, then stop. They all fall over. The Avengers look up at their consultant, not sure if he'll make it through.

............

Still holding the sceptre in hand, Logan shifts around, waiting.

"Come on, Stark..." She whispers.

............

Thor and Cap see the supernova coming towards them. Thor nods to Cap.

"Close it" Steve tells Logan over comms.

..............

Without hesitating, Logan pulls the sceptre out, the tesseract turns off its energy beam. The portal quickly closes. A small figure is hurled backwards into the open now closed portal. Iron Man. Plummeting to the earth.

.............

"Son of a gun!" Steve states smiling, but Tony keeps falling. And falling. And falling.

"He's not slowing down" Thor points out getting ready, he swings Mjölnir around. Just as Thor is about to fly up, The Hulk snags Tony out of the air. Both crashing and sliding down a building. Hulk throws Iron Man off of him. Thor and Cap run over to him. Thor rips off Tony's helmet. He appears to be dead. They stand around not sure. Then... The Hulk yells in fury. The noise startles Tony awake.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?" Tony asks. A beat passes where they all catch up mentally. Steve nods a little.

"We won" he comments.

"Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys" Tony comments lightly, hiding his pain and exhaustion. "Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it" Thor looks up at Stark Tower.

"We're not finished yet" Thor comments. Tony pauses to think about this before looking back at Thor.

"And then shawarma after" Tony states with conviction, it is going to happen. 

...................

Loki crawls onto the stair, looking like a broken rag doll. He takes a few breathers, senses someone is behind him. He turns to find the Avengers staring at him, pissed.

"If it's all the same to you. I'll have that drink" Loki comments, Logan then punches Loki in the face, Loki's head rears back and he groans a little, she's strong but she knows she's not strong enough to really hurt him, but damn does it not feel good. Logan shakes out her fist and glares at Loki. The Hulk snorts in amusement.