28.

Logan tugs her jacket closer as she approaches the house ahead of her, Robbie waits for her in the car as she checks out this Emmanuel. She jogs up the stairs to the front door and knocks. A man opens the door.

"Hi. Uh, is this, uh, Daphne Allen's house? I'm looking for Emmanuel" she asks.

"Well, you found him. Daphne's resting. If you don't mind"

"Oh, yeah, sure" 'Emmanuel' steps outside and closes the door. Logan's eyes flicker purple a moment before she plasters on a mask of civility. "Um... So, I was hoping, uh..." Through the window, Logan sees a woman who is bound to a chair and gagged. She looks back at Emmanuel, whose eyes turn black: he is a demon. The demon grabs Logan and throws her against the door.

"You were saying, Logan?" The demon asks.

"You know, I'd think twice. Or don't you know that your boss issued a hands-off memo?" The demon laughs at her.

"Please. What have you done for him lately? Roman's head on a plate? No? Whatever Emmanuel is, Crowley's gonna want him – a lot more than he wants you these days. So...." The demon starts towards Logan, she throws the knife in her hand at him, holding out her hand and making a twisting motion, turning the knife in him, the demon yells and light flashes from his eyes and mouth as it dies. Logan pushes the demon down the stairs with her mind as she withdraws the knife with her other hand. A man is standing at the bottom of the stairs. Logan stares: it is the body of Jimmy Novak, Castiel's former vessel.

"What was that?" he asks her.

....................

Emmanuel/Castiel is removing the gag and ropes binding Daphne as Logan watches, her eyes locked on Emmanuel/Castiel.

"That creature hurt you" he offers to Daphne.

"I'm okay. But, Emmanuel... They were looking for you"

"It's okay" Emmanuel/Castiel turns to Logan. "I'm Emmanuel" Emmanuel/Castiel holds out his hand and Logan shakes it.

"Logan. I'm...Logan"

"Thank you for protecting my wife" Emmanuel/Castiel offers warmly.

"Your wife. Right" Logan mumbles glancing to Daphne.

"I saw his face. His real face" Emmanuel states.

"He was a demon" Logan offers back.

"A demon walked the Earth"

"Demons. Whackloads of them. You don't know about...?" Logan asks slowly.

"You saw the demon's true face" Daphne states to Emmanuel then looks to Logan. "Emmanuel has very special gifts"

"Yeah. I-I've heard that about... Emmanuel. That you can heal people up"

"I seem to be able to help to a certain degree. What's your issue?" He asks Logan.

"My brother" she answers. "My twin brother"

.................

Logan is driving with Emmauel/Castiel in the passenger seat, Robbie in the back, he's confused, she doesn't blame him, she's confused too. Robbie is at least smart enough to not ask questions yet, he will no doubt bombard his mother with them later.

"So, Daphne – is that, uh, your wife?" Logan asks.

"She found me and cared for me"

"Meaning?"

"Oh, it's a...strange story. You may not like it"

"Believe me, I will"

"A few months ago, she was hiking by the river, and I wandered into her path, drenched and confused, and... unclothed. I had no memory. She said... God wanted her to find me"