34.

A/n - so I was wanting to get this to 40, but the way this chapter was written, the way it came out, makes me feel better with 35 and then an epilogue, a flash forward thing. 

Bruce can't exactly pinpoint the moment it happened, one second Logan is sat next to him, the next she's got Dean pinned down and pulling a knife on him. Steve is on his feet instantly as Dean holds his hands up, he knows better than to fight back, this needs to be done. Steve grabs Logan around the waist pulling her up as she screams in frustration. Dean scrambles out from under her and sits back against the wall behind him, this isn't new, Logan reacted similarly the first time he'd come back. It doesn't stop it from hurting him to see her this upset.

"It's okay" Steve whispers to her trying to calm her down. "It's okay, see..." her breathing shifts slightly. "See, everything is alright" Steve looks to Bruce who is now standing with Robbie. Logan wiggles free of Steve and then flees the room.

..............

Dean knocks on the door before opening it and stepping into the room. Logan sits on a chair near the window across from him. Behind him Sam appears, Dean shoots him a look, Sam shakes his head back.

"Logan?" Dean asks, she hums in greeting rolling her head to look at him.

"Sorry" she offers, he nods back, knowing, understanding. "Are you okay?" she asks him as she stands, Dean moves towards her.

"Yeah, I'm great" he gives her a smile, she tries to smile back. Once he can, Dean pulls her into a hug, she sniffles into his chest and clutches to him. Curling into his chest. "Great" he repeats softer pressing his head to the side of hers. "How's the kid?" he asks pulling back.

"He's good, he and Bruce are...they've been bonding, they're....good. He likes Bruce"

"Good, that's good" Dean whispers. "And you and Bruce?"

"We're...working on it" she admits softly. Dean smirks at her, she rolls her eyes and nudges him. "Look, it's great being back around him, it's..." she lets out a soft sigh. "I missed him.....it's been good" Dean smiles warmly seeing how happy Bruce makes her. Just talking about him.

"Logan" Sam steps closer to her.

"I'm not talking to you!" she snaps a little pointing at Sam. Dean looks between them and frowns.

"What's going on with you two?" He asks them, Logan raises an eyebrow at Sam.

"Do you want to tell him? Or should I?" she asks, Sam looks between them and then settles on Logan.

"Logan" he whispers sadly. "I am sorry"

"I don't care" she argues. "Seriously, like not at all, not anymore" Dean's frown intensifies. Logan turns to him. "Sammy thought it was a good idea after we lost you and Cas to disappear....to just take off....without telling me, no note, no text....and not a single thing for an entire year"

"What is she talking about?" Dean asks. Sam sighs.

"It was...bad"

"Yeah" Logan agrees. "Yeah it was....and I needed you, I needed my brother....and you left, you just took off...." she sighs. "I needed you" Sam takes a step towards her but she shakes her head. "No" she states. "No, we're done" she turns away from Sam as Dean moves towards him.

"I can't believe you," Dean tells Sam.

"Yeah, well....." Logan mumbles, Dean turns to her.

"Not you" he assures her. "I didn't mean you..." he shoots a look at Sam and shakes his head.

"You been okay?" he asks her, she shrugs and then nods.

"I'm fine" she answers him, her jaw tight and clenched with her anger. Dean touches her hand and then pulls it back.

"I think I already know the answer but....." Dean starts and then sighs. "You coming with us?" Logan looks to him and then shrugs.

"I don't know anymore" she admits. "Give me a few days?" she asks. "I gotta talk to Robbie" Dean nods. "I'm sure Tony will let you stay" Dean nods gain and touches her arm.

"Yeah, we'll go talk to him" Dean kisses her head and then leaves, Sam lingers but Logan chooses to ignore him.

"Logan" he whispers, she snorts and shoots him a look.

"You can go too" she points out. "I would prefer it" Sam stares at her, the harshness in her eyes. His sister looking at him like that.

"Logan, I was lost, I was grieving..."

"Yeah" she nods. "So was I, and I had a son to look after, to console.....you couldn't stick around a couple of days to give me a hug and tell me everything was going to be okay?" she asks him. "To hug your nephew and let him know that you were there for him" Sam swallows his emotions because she is right. "It doesn't matter now" she states. "I did it, all on my own....so can you please leave me alone, that's all I want....to be left alone" Sam hangs his head and then leaves. Logan takes a deep breath and closes her eyes.

..............

Bruce finds her later, as she sits on her and Bruce's bed, her knees pressed to her chest, her arms tight around them. Bruce takes a breath stood at her side before climbing onto the bed to join her. Bruce kisses her head as he sits behind her, pulling her back against his chest and setting his own legs on either side of her.

"I told you I had a feeling" she grumbles leaning back against him. He wraps his arms around her, letting her rest against him. "I am glad that Dean is back" she whispers. "Of course I am....but seeing Sam again" she shakes her head. "Me and Sam, we used to be best friends," she tells Bruce, as she turns to look at him, straddling his waist. "Then things happened, I left for...." she looks down. "Maybe he never forgave me" he strokes her cheek, curling his hand around it. She sighs. "I think that part of my life is over" he frowns at her.

"What are you talking about?"

"I think I've outgrown them" she answers, he shakes his head confused.

"Who?"

"My brothers" she whispers curling her fingers into his shirt. "Hunting....all of it" he presses his forehead to hers. "I want a life" she admits. "With you" he lets out a breath and holds her closer. "You, me and Robbie, that's what I want"

"You've got us" he assures her. "But that doesn't mean you have to stop hunting"

"But I want to" she argues. "It was never what I wanted to do" she reminds him. "You know this, we talked about it enough....all I wanted to do was curl up in a lab...." she shakes her head suddenly upset, he nudges her nose and then pulls back to brush away the tears from her cheeks.

"Hey, why are you getting upset?" he asks her concerned.

"I don't know" she whispers. "Today just...with Dean and Sam...." he kisses her cheek and then lets her curl up on his chest. It's one of her favorite places, where she feels safe and warm. He strokes her back and curls his arm around her waist. The door creaks open and both Logan and Bruce look towards it, Robbie stands watching them, Logan raises an eyebrow. "You okay, baby?" she asks him, he nods a little.

"Can I stay in here?" Robbie whispers, Logan smiles and pats the bed next to her and Bruce. Robbie smiles and jumps onto the bed with them. "Are you okay?" he asks his mother, she nods and touches his cheek.

"Yeah" she assures him. "Just been a bad day" he nods in agreement.

"Are we leaving now?" Robbie asks. "Now that Uncle Dean and Sam are back?"

"Would you mind if we didn't?" Logan asks him, he shakes his head.

"I like it here" he admits. "Captain Rogers has the best stories" he smiles and Bruce looks to Logan.

"If you want to stay," he tells her. "You know you can" he strokes her cheek. "You both can"