Chapter Eighteen - Healing

Hey guys, here is your second update this week. Hope you enjoy it. xxx

Jaxon's POV

After informing the Council of Mason being behind my Mate's kidnapping and what I intend to do about it, I set about getting Eric and Damion as well as my warriors ready to go after my Mate. It would take us about three hours to get to Mason's Pack and Alarick was restless inside of me. We were both worried sick about our Mate and pups and we just had a feeling that we needed to get to Evan as soon as possible or it will be too late. So we hurried into the cars and set out.

The plan was for us to get to the closest town to Mason's Pack and then go in as wolves for a surprise attack. So that is what we did. We got to the outskirts of the town and pulled over in a deserted looking area. Once the cars came to a stop, we all got out and everyone circled around me so that I could tell them how to proceed. "Okay everyone, we are going to go on foot from here as wolves. We need to be as quiet as possible so that we can keep the element of surprise. If you encounter any guards on the way, and they refuse to back off, take them out immediately. We don't have time to waste on bullshit and stalling. my Mate, your Luna is pregnant with the future Alphas of your Pack and they are all in danger, so no fuck ups. Just one thing, Mason belongs to me, no one is to touch him. Do you all understand?" I ask as I look around at the men and women I had brought here with me. I do a double take when I see Ash standing slightly behind Damion and then walk towards him. The Alpha first thinks I'm coming towards him, but then he follows my line of sight and steps aside so I can get to Ash.

The man is looking even worse than when he had left the cells and is obviously in no condition to fight and I'm wondering why he would be here. "Why are you here Ash? No offense, but you look like you need to be resting, not fighting." I tell him after I had pulled him off to one side, away from everyone else. He looks up at me, and that's when I see it. This man isn't here to just fight and help bring his Luna back home. This man is here to die. He looked at me with his empty eyes and I had to swallow the lump in my throat. 

"I'm here to help bring our Luna back home Alpha. It was my daughter that was part of the plot, so it's my duty to help fix this. Maybe in this way, I can restore some of my honour before I meet my Mate again and face the Moon Goddess. I am filled with shame for what she has done and I need to help fix this." As he says the words, I can see the determination in his eyes. He is going to do this, no matter what I say. So I just put my hand on his shoulder and we just look at each other for a few minutes. It was our way of saying goodbye to each other. At that moment, I hated Melinda, Natalie and especially Naomi even more. I was losing the man that trained me from when I was a small pup. The man that was a mentor to me, and I will not let this go unpunished. Before the Council passes their sentence, I will make Naomi feel all the pain she put her father through. By the time I am done with her, she will plead with the Council to kill her to put her out of her misery.

I turn away from Ash and I take my clothes off. Everyone else follows and we all shift, then head in the direction of Mason's Pack. My warriors are some of the best trained wolves in the world, skilled in combat as well as silent attacks. Our approach is virtually silent and soon enough we encounter the first lot of Patrol. We take them out quickly and silently. Not giving them any chance of sending out a warning. 

We carry on and we just encountered the second lot when I start feeling a pressure inside my mind, like someone is trying to break through. I relax my mind and as soon as I do that, I am being mind-linked. by none other than my precious Mate. "Jax, can you hear me? Baby please let me know if you can hear me. I am at my old Pack House, in the cells. The cells entrance is hidden in a shed on the right side of the Pack House. Please hurry babe." As he finishes, I'm just about to let him know that we are almost there, but we had come to the third lot of Patrollers and I had to help dispatch them quickly. They didn't have much skill and therefore were absolutely no match for my warriors or Eric and Damion and their warriors.