Chapter 9: A Begining

Saturday September 15, 2018
The next morning, Garfield woke Rachel up. She was wearing one of his t-shirts. Garfield was wearing pajama pants and was shirtless. So when Rachel looked up at him, she felt her cheeks heat up and looked away. "Good morning Rae" he said smiling.

"Morning Garfield" she said putting a fake smile on her bruised face.

"You want to talk?" He proposed her.

Rachel shook her head. "No, it's okay but... why did you woke me up?"

He grinned at her and gave a pajama shorts. "Breakfast is ready, c'mon" he told with excitation. The purple haired girl put the shorts on and followed him. When they entered the kitchen, they immediately smelled the eggs. Rita had made the breakfast. It was tofu eggs and bacon. The two teenagers sat at the counter and started to eat.

"It's perfect Rita" Garfield told her making her smile at him. Rita quickly looked at Rachel to know what she thought of it.

"It's delicious Miss Dayton" Rita smiled and shook her head.

"You can call me Rita, sweetheart"

Rachel nodded and said "well it's delicious Rita" as she smiled.

After breakfast, Rita and Steve left for work, leaving Rachel and Garfield alone. They were in the living room, sitting on a couch.

"They works every Saturday?" Rae asked the boy.

He shook his head. "Only today" she nodded at him. It was an awkward silence. Rachel admired him and thought about what to do. 'Should I tell him, at least about the bruise. What if I can't trust him? I feel like I can! What if he tells someone? I am going to ruin everything. Should I or should I not? Ugh and f*** off, I am gonna tell him' she thought.

She took a deep breath and looked at him. He was already staring at her. "A-About the bruise" she started. He nodded for her to continue. "Look, can I trust you not to tell anyone?" Garfield took her hands in his and looked at her with a soft and caring face.

"Of course you can trust me" she took another deep breath.

"M-My f-father did it" his eyes widened.

"Why?"

"Because I ran away from my problems" she looked away.

"What?" He made a what-the-heck-are-you-talking-about face.

"Just saying what he told me" she said putting her hands up in the air.

Garfield caressed her left cheek, making her blush. "Can you tell me what happened with Adam?" When he asked her that, her face was filled with fear. She couldn't even hear him talk anymore. All she could see was Adam raping her. She started to hyperventilate so Garfield tried yo calm her down. She kept on panicked and wouldn't calm down so Garfield searched for some relaxant for her. He found some and brought her the pills and a bottle of water.

"Take this" she took the pill and after a few minutes, she calmed down and stared at him.

"What did you gave me?" He showed her the relaxants. "Thanks"

"You're welcome"

2 hours later, Rachel was in the guest room. She was looking at her bruise in the mirror when Garfield knocked at the door.

"Come in" Rachel said. The blond teenager entered and sat on a chair next to her.

"Can I ask you a question or two?" She nodded. "Why did Adam really attacked you?"

"I don't want to talk about it"

"You told at least one person, right?"

"Yes, I-I already told Dick" Gar sighed in relief. "Is that all?"

"No, uh would you like to watch movie?" Garfield rubbed the back of his neck.

"Uh yeah sure, why not" the blond boy was suddenly all excited.

Garfield prepared the pop corn and the snacks. They put blankets on the sofa and placed the snacks, the pop corn and the beverage on the table. Rachel sat on the sofa while the blond boy was looking through the movies. He hesitated between: Deadpool, Nerve, X-Men Apocalypse and Truth or Dare.

"Rae what do you prefer?" He showed the movies. "Action, Thriller or Horror?" He smirked when he said 'horror'.

"Horror" Rachel simply responded. Garfield started the movie and sat beside her. The purple haired beauty was concentrating on the movie while Garfield's gaze was often focused on her. When the movie was finally finished, they decided to read. The two teenagers were still on the sofa sitting close to each other as they read. Rachel was reading a book named High Voltage and Garfield was reading a Batman comic book. Gar was still not able to concentrate on his book because he kept on looking at the mysterious girl beside him. 'Stop looking at her, Garfield, concentrate on your book' the young teen thought. Rachel caught him staring and thought 'why is he staring at me?' as a little blush crept onto her face.

—2 hours later—

Rachel was meditating in the guest room when Garfield came in and asked if she wanted to help him make a surprise for his adoptive parents and do the dinner for them. After what they did for her, Rachel accepted to help her new friend.

The two teens had a lot of fun as they cooked. Garfield kept on joking around to make her laugh and also to make this task funnier.

—1 hour and a half later—

Rita and Steve came back from work and were ready to make dinner but unfortunately for them, Garfield and Rachel had already made it. They had prepared vegetarian spaghetti with tofu meatballs on it.

They all sat at the dinner table and ate together. Rita and Steve thanked the two teenagers for making dinner for them. "It's really good, who taught you how to cook Rachel?" The woman asked .

The purple haired girl swallowed her food and then she answered Rita's question without looking at her. "My mom taught me how before she-..." Rachel wasn't able to say it. She looked away with sadness in her eyes as she tried to fight the tears that tried to get out. Garfield looked at her sadly and Rita with regret. "I-I need some time alone" Rae said. She got up and walked upstairs to the guest bedroom.

The young Roth laid on the bed, sobbing silently as the tears rolled on her pale cheeks. After some minutes of crying alone, Rachel had fallen asleep. So when he came to see her, Garfield decided to let her sleep and closed the lights after he covered her with the covers. "Night Rae" and he walked out of the room.