Chapter 13: Rachel's Hideout

Monday September 17, 2018
Rachel was running to a place Garfield had never gone to until that day. The blond boy followed her to a dark alleyway. She stopped running in front of an old abandoned building. She entered it and closed the door. Garfield was in front of the door, trying to open it but she had blocked it. So Gar entered by a broken window. He was in an old reception, there was broken glass on the floor and a lot of keys on one of the walls. Rachel wasn't in this room so he was going to go to the room next to the one he was in until he heard something upstairs. So he took the stairs and entered one of the rooms.

It was an old apartment, it was dirty and a little bit creepy. They're was a bedroom on the left and a bathroom on the right, in the middle was the living room and on the left there was the dinning room and the kitchen. Garfield walked closer to the kitchen and saw Rachel sitting at a table. Her left arm was on the table and her right one was holding her head. She was looking at her left hand when she heard her friend come closer to the table. Rachel looked at Logan as he sat next to her. "What is this place?" He asked, looking around.

"An old apartment duh" He made a don't-play-dump-with-me face. "It's my hideout" The purple haired girl started. "Every time I don't feel well or that I'm scared or even if I only want to be alone, I come here"

"I talked to Vic, he believes us" She gave him a small smile.

"Maybe but if this time the most kindness girl in the whole school can call me a s*** like it was nothing... then I don't know what to do, Gar"

"Kory called you a s***?" He asked in shock. "Don't remind me"

Gar took her left hand. "It's not the end of the world... there is more horrible than people thinking you slept with this" He gestured to himself, making Rachel giggle. Garfield grinned at her.

"Don't get too egocentric unless you wanna be like Garth" The boy made a disgusted face.

"Like fish face? NEVER!" They laughed together. "What do you do for fun here" Roth pointed at the a bookshelf filled with old books. "What else?" He smirked and she rolled her blue eyes at him.

"I just relax" Logan stood up. "Well lets chill together" They sat on the couch and talked about a lot of things. Garfield kept on telling bad jokes and Rachel her sarcastic remarks. They relaxed like that until Gar's phone started ringing. He picked it up, it was his parents asking him where he was. It had been 2 hours since he ran after Rachel and his adoptive parents were really worried. "Seems like we gotta go now"

--At Gar's House--

The two teenagers entered the house and were greeted by two annoyed adults. Rita and Steve were angry at the beginning but when they calmed down, they started to make dinner while Garfield was playing Super Monkey 3 and Rachel was watching him as she read a book named Macbeth. When the dinner was ready, they all sat at the table and started to eat. "So, what happened this afternoon Rachel?" The brunette asked.

The young Roth started to play with her food so the blond teen answered for her. "Someone started a..." He looked at Rachel for her approval and she nodded her head so he continued. "a rumor about us" Rita and Steve's eyes widened and their mouths were wide open.

"What kind of rumors?" Steve asked his son.

"They think..." He looked at Rachel for her approval again. She gave him a why-do-you-ask-for-my-approval-if-you-already-started-idiot face. "That we slept together and that Rachel's a slut"

"Did you had sex together?" Steve asked, embarrassing his adoptive son. "STEVE" The teen yelled along with Rita. "What? I'm just asking... so, did you?"

"Of course not" Garfield said making Rachel felt a little bit insulted.

Steve placed himself in a relaxing pose in his chair. "Then why are they saying this? mmh" They became silents. Steve started to eat again and so did the others. They all stayed silent after Steve's question.

--In The Guest Room--

Rachel was laying on the queen sized bed of the guest room when Gar opened the door. She sat up on the bed. The boy with emerald eyes sat on the bed, he was in front of her. He caressed her cheek with his left hand. "Everything will get better, trust me" He hugged her, making her jump in surprise before she hugs him back. They stayed like that for five minutes until Gar pulled away and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He stood up and walked back to his own room, leaving a confused and blushing Rachel alone with her own thoughts.

That night, Rachel had a beautiful dream, something she didn't had in years.