Chapter 11: An Awkward Dinner

Sunday September 16, 2018
In the evening, Rachel woke up on Gar's extremely comfortable bed. She sat up and looked around as she remembered what happened before she fall asleep. She felt a tear run down her cheek and touched it when the door suddenly opened. Garfield entered and saw her sad face so he ran to her and held her close to him. The purple haired teenager hugged him back and all of a sudden, she felt her body warm up to his touch, making her smile. Her smile disappeared as her body became cold again when Garfield pulled away. "You okay?" The blond boy asked her, all caring. Rach nodded and Garfield smiled at her before he wipes her tear with his thumb. "Dinner's ready... do you want to come?" She nodded her head again and Gar started to leave but she stopped him. The young boy turned around and looked at her as he hummed to ask her what she wanted.

"P-Promise me..." she started. The blond teen frowned. "Promise me you won't tell anyone"

He leaned toward her, he had his face close to hers. "I swear to you... I won't tell anyone about it" He smiled at his crush and got up. "Is there anything else you wanted to tell me?"

The purple haired girl shook her head as she said "No" so her friend left and after a minute or two she joined him downstairs, in the dinning room. Rita, Steve and Gar were already eating when she arrived. She sat next to Garfield.

"Hi Rachel, are you feeling better today?" Rita asked her guest. Roth nodded and smiled at her friend's mom. Rita smiled and Rachel started eating. The brown haired woman was waiting to see what her son's crush thought about the food. "What do you think" She pointed at Rae's food with her fork.

"It's delicious Rita"

"So... Your father seemed really angry at you the other day" Steve started, looking at his plate the whole time. "What did you do?" He asked still looking at his food as he was cutting his veggie steak. He took a bite of it and finally looked at her.

"Hum... My father have a really bad temper" She paused and looked around. "Let's say he...hum... he doesn't really like me hanging out with my friends" She finished, putting a nervous smile on her beautiful face.

"Why? Are they bad people?" He was looking at his plate again.

The girl quickly shook her head and answered. "No no, they're good people... Okay there is some rumors but, you know, rumors aren't always truth" He looked at her suspiciously, like she was hiding something from him. She remarked that and decided to try to reassure him about her friends. "Loners" They all looked at her weirdly. "Me and my friends are loners and some people thought we were weird because we ignored them and always wanted to be alone, so they made stupid rumors about us" Rita gasped at Rachel's sentence.

"What kind of rumors did they make about you?" Rach sighed and responded to Rita's question.

"Well... I would be a creepy witch who killed her mom and a s*** who sleeps with anyone, Dick would be an as*****, a narcissistic and an egocentric rich boy and Jason would be a f*** boy, a drug dealer and this friend that always want to beat up everyone" Garfield and his adoptive parents all had wide eyes while Rachel just waited for one of them to say something.

"W-Why a s***? If I may ask" Rita asked. The young teen became embarrassed but also nervous. She looked at her pale hands that were now touching her knees. Garfield saw that she felt uncomfortable and took a hold of her left hand, making her look at him. 'Did they sleep together or something' Rita thought.

"My e-ex boyfriend hum... he made rumors about me after I sorta dumped him" She sighed. "Like the one I told you about or one about me only wanting to have sex with him or even one were he said that I would have tried to kill him, something that totally isn't truth" Logan was really shocked by all these silly and disrespectfully rumors about his friend.

"Wait who's your ex" He asked feeling a bit jealous for he didn't know what f****** reason.

"hum... can we change the subject please, I don't feel really comfortable in this conversation" The blue eyed girl quickly said, trying to avoid talking about the guy who raped her a year before.

"Oh uh Of course" Steve told his guest. "So, how is school in Jump City High kiddo" Steve asked his adoptive son to change subject. Gar smiled nervously and they talked about things like school, hobbies or work. The dinner was really good and when they all finished eating, they watched a movie together, it was A Star Is Born. It was a really good movie but in all honesty, at the end of the movie, Rita couldn't stop crying.  Steve kept on saying that she was in her PMS.

At 9 PM, the boy's parents went to sleep while him and his purple haired friend watched another movie but only the two of them this time. They watched Bride Wars. They laughed together and one moment during the movie, Gar put his arm around her and brought her closer to him. She buried her face in his chest as their cheeks became a crimson color. They fall asleep on the couch, cuddling.