Chapter 10: Angie Roth

Sunday September 16, 2018
The next morning, Rachel woke up at 9 am. She took a shower and changed clothes. The young teenager was walking to the living room when she heard someone play guitar. The beautiful sound was coming from Garfield's room. Rach pressed her right ear on the door to hear him better but he stopped playing. Gar thought he heard something outside of his room so he stopped playing and walked closer to the door. The blond boy opened the door to see his beautiful friend, Rachel Roth. His eyes widened when he saw her but he quickly became nervous and embarrassed. 'Oh no she heard me' he thought. "H-Hey Rae"

"Hey uh..." Rachel started. "Was it you who played guitar?" Garfield scratched the back of his neck and gave her a nervous laugh. "Y-Yeah" he nodded.

Rachel smiled at him. "Wow, you didn't told me you where playing guitar" Garfield gave the purple haired girl a small smile. "Can you play again?" The boy's smile became brighter and he let her into his room. They sat on his bed and Gar started to play guitar again. He grinned and his gaze was often on her. The girl's amazing blue eyes were close but sometimes she opened them only to look at him. When he finished the song, they looked into each other's eyes and they started to move closer to each other when someone knocked at the door.

"Breakfast is ready my lil Garfield" Rita said from the other side of the wooden door. Her adoptive son quickly responded to her "RITA" and she giggled a little. "Come downstairs" she said as she left. Roth giggled too and Gar gave her a small punch on her left arm as they laughed together.

--At The Park--

After Breakfast, the two teenagers decided to go to the park were they saw Wally West and his girlfriend, Jinny also know as Jinx. "Hey Gar" Wally yelled. The couple ran to the two and they started to talk about anything that passed through their minds. "What are you doing here, man?" the same boy asked.

The young Logan was about to respond but unfortunately for him, Rachel answered for him. "We were just taking a walk" The blond teen growled at the girl, making Wally laugh.

"Oh my gosh... you guys... are sooo... cute together" He said between laugh. The supposed couple's faces became as red as a tomato and it only made Jinny and her boyfriend laugh even more. The two friends came back to their senses and quickly responded to Wally's comment.

"Uh we're are not a couple" Gar said followed by Rachel "Yeah we're not together" and after it was Garfield again. "yeah we're only friends" Rachel confirmed what he said by saying "we're only friends" Wally and Jinx looked at them in a weird way.

"Yeah..." Wally trailed.

"Awkward" Jinny said. Everyone was silent for at least 5 minutes, in the awkwardness. Until Jinny's phone start ringing. They all thanked the person who called for that, who ever it could be. 'For god's sake, finally' Gar thought. The pink haired girl answered her phone and when she had finish with that she told them "Sorry guys, it's my mom, I have to go home now" they nodded. "See ya tomorrow" And she ran away only to come back when she remembered that it's Wally who gave a ride. "Wally" She said with a face that meant 'Hellooo, we gotta go now' so they left.

--At Gar's House--

After that, Gar and Rachel got back to his house. Rita and Steve were at the mall so the two teens were alone again. They sat on Gar's king sized bed, talking to each other. The blond boy looked at her with amazement in his emerald green eyes. What happened the day before came back to his mind and he hesitantly asked her about it. "hum Rachel" she hummed in response so he continued "About yesterday... What-" he stopped talking, making her look at him, and he took a deep breath. "What happened to your mom?" Her blue eyes widened and she looked away from him, anywhere but his face. "You can trust me, I'm your friend" he reassured her. The word 'friend' made his heart hurt in someway for he didn't know what reason, anyway it was the truth, she was his friend.