Encounter

Our bright shoes were ticking on the old pavement of the university, on our way to the first class. It was almost 8 o'clock, the British fog was flying upon the roofs, falling on the ground, filling the air with humidity, drowning the place in a medieval mistery kind of vibes. While I was hearing from afar my mates' voices, I was on the other hand thinking about an imaginary world, where people were traveling on horses, where there was knights and peasants, both fighting for their lives but I was cut short by Harry's tapping on my shoulder.
-Hey?! Are you listening???
-Sorry I was...
-In your world!
-Kind of.
I said with a pout, trying to wash his upcoming anger off.
-Well, are you ready?
-I have no choice I guess...
Said Maisie but her face lightened when we entered the classroom, halfway filled, her eyes scanning all the new boys she could date already.
-Like what you see?
-Pretty much...
She looked at me, satisfied before leading us to some seats. There was four of them, in the back of the class so we could see who was coming, who was new, who left.
Harry was chatting with Miles, Maisie waving at some guys, although, I was taking my note book out and my personal one where I was writing all the things I thought down, drawing people I found pleasant to draw due to their position, apparence or some because they were simply attractive. I was sketching some stupid patterns when the teacher cought our attention by closing the haevy wooden door hardly.
-Good morning students! I'm professor McCarthy, welcome to my class. This year we will-
He was cut short by someone who knocked at the door. You could already know by the sound how embarrassed the person was on the other side of the door. The person then opened the door. Their figure was more of less small, long honey hair, glassed on their nose, dressed simply, comfortable. It was a girl.
-Hello... Sorry I got lost in the corridors...
-Take a seat, quickly miss!
She then nod and looked up for a seat. She climbed the stairs whilst I could hear again the Irish professor's accent. My eyes focused on the new student and her unknown yet delightful accent. She spotted a seat right in front of me. She took her coat off, moving the air around, adding her perfume to the woody smell of the room. She smiled at me briefly before sitting down, taking off her books and other things.
-Miles?! Were you starring at her?
Maisie said, surprised with her smirk as her signature.
-No no no... I would never do that!
-Oh c'mon... She seems pretty... Why don't you go to talk to her?
-No no no... I... No...
-Milo... Bloody hell! If you keep being this shy, you'll end up your days alone with a cup of tea in one hand and a book in the other!
-Maisie stop bothering our poor Miles would you? He's doing what he can, right Milo?
I said, patting his shoulder gently.
The class was a little long, sometimes boring, it wasn't my favorite time for sure, I so took off again my pencil, looking around to draw something. My eyes fell on the new girl in front of me, trying to catch the shades of her hair, the pattern of her jumper and how it moved on her back.
By the end of the class, when I was fully into my drawing, the professor yelled my name to go downstairs.
-Miss y/ln? Come here please.
I looked at my comrades, not understanding the situation.
-You idiot! Go pick your partner's name!
Well... My mind was so focused on her that I forgot to listen, I was so drown in my task that for the first time, I didn't listen anymore.
-Come on! Hurry up! You're not alone lady!
I hurried my pace in the stairs, my derbies clicking and echoing in the big room.
-Pick your partner's name will you?
-Hum... Miss... Sorry I say it wrong... Debnam Carey?
My eyes tried to catch who was responding but no one did, or at least, I didn't see.
-Miss Debnam Carey, you'll meet later then your partner! Thank you. Next! Mister Turner!
I went back to my seat, my friends laughing as usual at me.
-Really y/ln... What were you doing?
-I got into my... Thing I guess.
-Well, good luck with this chick... I have no goddam idea who she is!
But the ring told the end of the class. I packed my stuffs back in my back, leading the way to the door when a hand caught my arm gently. I turned around to meet a soft smile.
-Hi! I'm Alycia! I'm your partner for this year project, sorry, I didn't say anything when you called my name, I thought I was already way to noisy when I came late...
-Oh it's alright! Don't worry!
She handed my her hand to shake as a proper greeting, which I gladly took. Her hand was smooth, delicate to handle. I met her eyes, so bright, spreading happiness.
-Well, sorry I was lost deep in my thoughts when McCarthy told us what this project is all about. Can you please explain me?
-Yes sure! Well, during the year, per month we'll have to read a book, make some kind of review about it then bring our opinions face to face during a special time in front of the class, debating on the book, trying to convince the other why I or you are right and the other wrong in a way.
-Oh alright... Seems intense!
-Yeah...
We continued to chat a little until she asked:
-Hum what's your following class?
-British literature in the middle age, you?
-Oh amazing, me too! Can you show me where is it? I'm lost, I just arrived few days ago here and I didn't have the time to look around... I was mostly sleeping because if the jetlag.
-Yes of course, don't worry! You can count on me! Where do you come from?
-Thanks y/n, you're really helping! I'm Australian.
-Wow! That's not very near...
-Indeed!
And so we chatted, following Maisie and the boys to our next class. Throughout the day, I was showing Alycia Oxford, giving her some history indications here and there, telling her as well my memories from the past years when we passed next to a special spot. I could already know that I enjoyed being with her, knowing someone new, someone who was spreading such a good energy.

By the end of the day, I found myself lost again in James' arms, talking about my day to him and vice versa, me under a big blanket, him shirtless on the bed but still his pants on while on the other side, I was wearing one of his Beatles t shirt, only panties, my hair in a messy ponytail, my glasses on, thick socks trying to find some books to read and propose to Alycia for our exam. I could feel his eyes on me, never breaking the contact, a cup of tea in his hand.
-Please James, stop starring, it's inappropriate darling!
I dared to look at him, his eyes locked on my body.
-It's just that it might happen that I miss you... So I try to catch the time I missed.
He said, his voice low, sipping his tea.
-You have no idea how precious you are...
I so let my books on the side, crawling to him, sitting closer to him.
-Oh! And also, I met the new student! She's Australian, she's so nice and very pretty!
-I hope she won't steal you from me...
-James... I'm not into girls, you know it you idiot!
I said, laughing, punching his arm gently.
-Who knows...
-Don't your trust me?
-I do... Don't worry...
-So please now put this cup down and catch the tile you said you missed with me...

_______________________________________

Hey lovely people!
Second chapter is on! Now things will start to happen slowly but I assure you, it'll worth the slow beginning...

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, dikr be afraid to tell and comment what you think!

Love you all! Xx