Bloom

-Y/n hurry love will be late!
-Yes I'm coming! Let me juste put my lipstick and shoes, I'll be there!
I shouted back at Alex. I did as I said, red lipstick on, checking myself one more time in the mirror and I could put my shoes on.
I errupted of the bathroom trying to find my shoes in a rush, Alex sitting on our bed, witnessing my hurry with wide eyes as I found my shoes on the shelves of the wardrobe. I then sat on the bed, trying to put my heels on. I stood up quickly, big smile on.
-I'm ready now!
I said half breathless. He was looking at me still with wide eyes.
-Is something wrong? Why are you looking at me like this?
He stood and took my hand while he was standing in front of me.
-It's just that... Sorry... You're just... Perfect may I say.
My cheeks turned the same color as my dress. It was bright red, tight, mid thighs length. My hair were up, my make up delicate with the red touch on my lips.
-Well... Thank you.
My voice was above a whisper, shy.
-Alright love. We must go or they will kill us!
-Maisie will kill me! Harry is out of this and so you are...
I chuckled as we went taking our coats and jumping into the car.

We were invited to Maisie and Harry's place. Yes. They live together now! Who would know these two would come along this well?
Alex was driving, both quiet, listening to the soft music playing in the background. I was looking at the city night lights. I felt good, relaxed.
-Damn it Alex! The flowers! I forgot the flowers!!!
-Next time try not to scream like this and scare me like this! Please...
-I'm sorry darling... Can you please stop to the next flower shop? Promise I'll be quick and we won't be late.
-Yes sure! Look! There's one just right here.
He parked the car as he saw the little shop. I walked, well, ran to the small flower shop, seeing the lights, feeling relieved thag it wasn't closed. It was pretty inside. All made of white wood and a beautiful decoration with flowers and plants everywhere.
-I'm sorry we're about to close!
The female voice said from another room.
-I promise I won't be long! Here! I already have what I want!
I said louder with a smile. The woman then came to my sight. If I could drop the bouquet I would.
-Y/n ?
-Alycia...
A terrible and deadly silence fell upon us. My world collapsed just right now. I was brought back years ago when I left in front of this bar, her kissing this boy. I couldn't understand all these emotions that were passing through my body. Anger, sadness, disappointment. I couldn't know. I finally put myself together and spoke.
-How much is it?
-Hum... It's... It's on the house...
-No please! How much?
-Alright hum... It's seventeen pounds...
The bell rang as I heard footsteps coming closer and a hand in my back.
-I'm sorry I came inside, it's time we'll be late love!
He said, pecking my head. I was still frozen there. Numb. As I saw her face fading away, her eyes looking at him, understanding, then back at me, still the same hurt eyes I left.
-Is everything alright?
Alex said, worried of the atmosphere running between us two.
-Yes! Here's the money! Goodbye!
I finally said firmly, hiding the lack of confidence. I didn't know how much money I put on the counter but nobody cared. I turned around, Alex leading and opening the door.
-Y/n ?
I simply turned around, emotionless.
-Please, I need to talk to you someday. Soon. Just come back...
She was practically begging, tears in her eyes. My eyes fell on the floor. We left.

I didn't say a word in the car on our way to my friend's home until he broke the silence.
-Who was it? If you don't want to t-
-Alycia... It was Alycia...
-The Alycia from Australia?
-Yes...
My face as still facing the window, the rain messing with my view of the city, as my tears, blurring the vision. I couldn't and didn't want to talk about it. All this time I thought after Oxford she left to Australia again, I thought all this time she was across the globe while she was just under my nose.
-Y/n, we're there...
He said, looking at me with the same loving eyes. Putting his hand on my thigh, mine above him.
-Let's go then!
I shyly smiled back.

-My perfect couple has arrived babes!
Maisie greeted us with her usual quote, shouting the to others obviously already inside.
-I guess we're the last ones?
-Yes! And it's not correct and definitely not your type!
-I forgot the flowers... Here! Put them in a case quick!
I smiled, happy to let them go and at the same time I knew I would glance at them often in the evening.
-They're really pretty! I love them, thank you Y/n, really!
She said, almost emotional. We so entered, finding Harry chatting with Miles and his girlfriend.
-Heyyyyy lovely boys! And girls!
I said, opening my arms for a hug. Miles was the first, then his new girlfriend he presented us tonight.
-And Potter!
I tried to sound sarcastic, almost like Snape but I couldn't, I was so happy to see him. We then all sat down in the living room, chatting, laughing until the dinner was ready. We spent the evening talking, spending a really good time.
As the dinner ended, I helped Maisie with the dishes so we could talk just the two of us. She changed a lot since Oxford, she was calmer, more compassionate. I love how she grew into this beautiful version of herself.
-So, are is my perfect couple doing?
-May I ask you to stop calling my relationships like this? Since this they ended... And not really well...
-Ohhh baby... I'm sorry it's just the truth! You always manage to pick the bests, I mean, you always looked so good with all of them!
-Yeah... Maybe...
-What is it? I've been watching you all night and you weren't really with us, what's going on?
-Well... See the flowers there? They're Alycia's ones...
-WHAT??? HOW???
-As I told you I forgot to buy flowers for you and we stopped in the rush to a small flower shop and it seems to be hers. I don't know how in the world it's possible! I thought she was gone, back home after gratuation! How wrong I was... She was just... There!
I exclaimed, showing an unknown place.
-Wow... Okay... And???
-How was it? The weirdest encounter in my life! I didn't know, I couldn't know she would pop up from this room and... Jesus we just stayed there for I don't know how long! We just blanked, we froze until Alex came because it took I think too much time...
-Oh my god that... I wouldn't like to live this at all... I'm so sorry for this!
-And the worst is that she asked me to come back to talk.
-Will you?
-For now I don't want to think about it, tell me about you! How is everything doing here?
-Well...
She tried to hide a big smile, not wanting and trying to tell me.
-Well... What is it Maisie???
-Okay okay... Well, I couldn't tell anyone before but... I'm... I'm pregnant!
Tears formed in her dark eyes.
-NO WAY MAISIE!? NO WAY!!!
My smile couldn't be bigger, tears already falling down my cheeks. The other joined us in the kitchen, not understanding the sudden situation.
-Guys!!! Well, tell them, it's not my new!
I laughed at my own awkwardness when she told the new. We all drowned their apartment in the purest joy that could exist. I completely forgot the early terrible encounter, I was just so happy for my friends, we were all together, just people I loved. These moments were such a joy. Alex was the most loving man I could know, Harry and Maisie looked at each other in a way they never did before and Milo was finally settling with his girlfriend. We all started to build strong lives but still, all together.

_______________________________________

Hey beautiful people!

Guess I warned you about thes fast updates haha 😉

Well, things are moving a little in this life after university! I'm so happy to write this!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it 😘

Take care and stay safe ❤️