Voyage

When the day came to an end, I went back to my apartment. Finally some time to relax I told myself while climbing the stairs but then I started to heat fainted music and smell someone cooking. When I heard the person singing their lungs out to the beat, I knew it was no doubt Alycia.
I opened the door, a big smile on my face as I saw my girl dancing around, singing loudly using the wooden spoon as a mic. I tried to not make too many sound as I let my bag on the floor and keys. I stood there, against the wall, watching her being deeply happy, enjoying herself, a huge smile on my face. Then as she danced, she turned around, surprised by my presence, she stopped, a guilty look on her face.
- Oh no please don't stop... Go on!
I said, a laugh intertwined in my voice.
-I can't now... It won't be the same!
She answered, walking to me, welcoming me with a warming hug. I couldn't feel more at home now.

We had dinner just the two of us, soft music now, candles as we finished eating the Australian themed meal.
-Remember what I told you earlier? About waited tonight?
-Hum... Yes, right, then?
I asked curious.
She went looking for something in her bag and came back with an envelope she gave me, a childish smile on.
-What's this?
-Go on, open it!
I then ripped the paper, revealing two plane tickets to Sidney.
-We're going to Australia???
I said chocked and happy.
-I guess so... We're heading there when classes are over for a month!
-No bloody way?! Alycia you're crazy!!!
I couldn't contain my emotions as I went to hug her so tight, trying to kiss her as my smile grew bigger and bigger each second.

•••

The ocean, the sand, the rocks, wild nature. I couldn't believe my eyes we were here, in her home, living our best summer so far, spending our time at the beach, our nights outside in the warm air, her showing me around each little thing she knew and loved. But this ended quicker than I thought...

One day, she planned to hang out with all of her friends in the city for me to meet them and to be honest I couldn't wait.
We all met at a bar at night, the atmosphere was really enjoyable. The vibe spread such a cool, chill and friendly atmosphere. I loved it. We all sat at a table, waiting for the rest of the group to come later, so we ordered some drinks and things to eat to pass the time waiting for them.

We were all now a little tipsy, laughing easily and talking about more private things as the rest arrived. I was in a conversation with Alycia and a friend when I saw her face fading into such a surprised and embarrassed one.
-Alycia? Are you okay?
-Huum... I... I'm sorry I have to talk to someone, I'll be back in a minute.
She stood up and went to the small group coming, taking one of them by the arm and dragging him outside. I got worried and confused about the situation.
-Who is it? Why did she react like that?
-Oh... This is Nate, her ex boyfriend... To be honest I don't have any idea what he's doing here... I wouldn't go to a place to meet my ex who dumped me by text two months ago...
-Her wh...? No wait...
I tried to register the information as quick as I could. Two months ago. Two months ago, she was in Oxford. With me. Dating me. I stood in a rush and went outside wanting an explanation, lost, but I couldn't imagine a second that this would happen. They were kissing right under my nose.
-Alyc...
But I didn't have the strength to pronounce the rest of her name. I was breathless, speechless, confused, lost. My eyes screaming for an explanation, screaming of fear and treason.
-Oh no... Please y/n... Please wait!
But I was already running to take my bag, tears blurring my vision. I heard her coming closer. She stopped as I turned around.
-Please baby... This... This is not...
-This is not what? What I think? Please... I need actually any words from you... I'm done, I can't...
I pushed to the side to free my way, rushing outside calling a cab.
-No let me explain what you saw! This is... It's bullshit!
The door of the car was already opened, my bag in the car.
-Bullshit? It's bullshit then... It's bullshit when you lied to him? To me? When we Weta together you were still with him? Is it bullshit too???
I didn't let her the time to answer, I closed the door, sobbing, seing her standing still, fading away...

•••

I was back at her home, I didnt have any other place to go. While on my way, I looked for a flight the earliest I could find to London which I booked. As I came inside, I went to her room, taking all my clothes and things to my suitcase, tears falling on my cheeks. I couldn't believe I was doing this. She did this! Lying to me, to this poor guy! And kissing him after a minute she saw him? I can't accept that. I'm not a toy to be played this.

I made my way to the couch, trying to be silent to not wake her parents up and tried to sleep but of course, it was impossible. Few minutes after I layed down, I heard the door open. The footsteps were quick and stopped as I think when she noticed I was sleeping here. I faked sleeping, I didn't want to talk to her or see her. She stood there for seconds before going upstairs, trying to muffle her her sobs.
Few minutes after, someone came back. I knew it was her. I could recognize her ever death or blind. She approached the couch, believing I was asleep.
-Please don't belive what you saw... I love you, only you... I wish you could belive me... I know I messed things up but... Please... Let me love you for a little longer...
She stopped, her voice was hoarse, just above a whisper. She delicately placed something next to my head and left. It was a teddy bear she offered me months ago, I couldn't sleep with it and I forgot it in her room.

The next morning, I was up before anyone in the house. The place was only lightned by the sunrise. My bags were packed, I only poored myself a cup of coffee when I heard someone coming.
-Alycia pl...
-Good morning sweetheart...
Her mother's reassuring voice echoed in the living room.
-I'm sorry I thought... Good morning Miss...
-How are you?
Her voice calm, full of concern, she obviously knew.
-Not very good.
-Listen, it's none of my business but... I'm deeply sorry about what's happening between Alycia and you... Really... I hope one day you will forgive her.
-I'm sorry I have to go now. Thank you miss for everything, take care of you!
-We'll miss you y/n...
I took my jacket and bags, opened the door and walked to the cab that what waiting for me. I placed the everything in the car, knowing she was awake, watching me leaving from her window... I tried as hard as I could to not cry, to not show any weakness but I've never face in my entire life such a hard battle...

-Please answer...
-God damn it y/n do you know what time it is???
-Maisie ?
I tried to sound as normal as I could but nothing worked.
-God y/n are you okay? What happened?
-Can you take me home at the airport when the plane land?
-Of course I can darling...
-The beautiful holiday has come to an end...

_______________________________________

Hello everyone!

Guess who's alive???
Gosh I'm so sorry, I told you I would be active during summer but I failed so bad...

Here's an update, finally, about this book! I finally figured out the end! Be ready because it's coming maybe in the next part!

Hope you enjoy it even tho it has turned in now a sad way...

Love you all, take care ❤️